The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

I'm so glad DLRP are putting so much effort into advertising this new attraction, it can only help to boost crowds. It's nice to see some unique advertising as well, rather than billboards. :)

The Butlin Boy

Now that is how you advertise a new attraction. BEST, ADVERT, EVER!!! :D

-breeno-

That ad is so cool.  Well done DLRP =D>

If only one of them came here [-o<
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

Official photos and more information can be seen here:
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/03/ ... er-square/ (yeah, they even had a photographer in London!)

What a great idea, and so perfectly executed. I love the way it looks like the paving slabs have been ripped up, and the video screen inside showing clips of Twilight Zone imagery.

It has/had "towerofterror.co.uk" written on the side, so it probably won't cross the channel (unless they make another?). I'd love it to tour those "13 hot spots" listed in the press release (link above), but I think they're something different. Seems a shame if they only use it for 2 days.

Nicholas-c

They are really (and i mean REALLY) pushing ToT in the UK!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

peep

OMG, I don't work in London and they go and do this!!! Argh. Hopefully they will keep it there for a while as I may be popping into London on Sunday. Looks like there was a premiere on at the Odeon too, great day to be there for advertising!
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Owain

WOW ! this is really cool !
Just to clear things;
1. What is the Centrepoint billboard in london ? (Any pictures)
2. What does that list mean with the citys on there, that the elevator will visit there ?

RnRCj

This is just so, so cool! :o I'm loving the Twilight Zone clips inside the elevator! And the bellhops! And the ripped up pavement! BAH! I love it all!

danwills

Quote from: "Owain"WOW ! this is really cool !
Just to clear things;
1. What is the Centrepoint billboard in london ? (Any pictures)

Centre Point is a sky scraper tower in central London, near to the main shopping areas of Oxford and Regent Street.

See: //http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/photos/Centrepoint_tower_london.jpg

Anthony

Quote from: "danwills"Centre Point is a sky scraper tower in central London, near to the main shopping areas of Oxford and Regent Street.

See: //http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/photos/Centrepoint_tower_london.jpg
Ohhh so that's Centrepoint! I've walked past there before.

And they're dressing that up to look like the ToT?! :-s The press report made it sound like a "billboard" at Centrepoint. Oh well, we'll see... :)

goofy-2000

I'm going in July and can't wait to go on it

:D/
i want every single goofy in the whole wide world ha ha ha

Sea-mermaid

The adverts and marketing campaigns really are amazing and definitely entice you to visit TOT. I especially love the pics of the service elevator in London!! I'm back 2 weeks from DLRP and was looking forward to going on it so much because of the website promotions I'd watched before going!! And it didn't disappoint!! Although it took me 2 days to work up the courage to go on it (I love roller coasters but hate rides with a "drop") it was well worth it!!  

The design and attention to detail like all DLRP attractions is fantastic...my only complaint would be that, perhaps in some way due to going on with a fastpass, I didn't get enough time to take everything in, see the gardens properly or the reception area for very long. I was just so glad after glancing up scared at TOT every few minutes since I had arrived in DLRP, (it seemed to be looming eerily above me wherever I seemed to be in the parks), that I experienced it...although my stomach was not too happy with me at the time!!  :lol:

Oh and the bellhops are the scariest creatures I've ever come across. I'm thinking of dressing up as one next Halloween!! One, noticing how scared I was and clinging on to my sister like an idiot while little children sat calmly behind me, chose to look directly at me before the doors closed while he says his line "And if you need anything else, I'm sorry, its too late!!" and cracked up laughing!! When I came off the ride he started teasing me too!! However I was so happy then all I could think of was woohoo I 'd survived!! agghh but it was so great!! The only ride that actually scared me!! Now I cant wait to go back to DLRP and go on TOT -(my new favorite ride!) once again!!

Kristof

Quotemy only complaint would be that, perhaps in some way due to going on with a fastpass

That's what puts the Fast in Fastpass!  :wink:

The Stand Bye queue lines are always better.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"What a great idea, and so perfectly executed. I love the way it looks like the paving slabs have been ripped up, and the video screen inside showing clips of Twilight Zone imagery.

They should do this campaign in other countries aswell. Just imagine this elevator on a busy Saturday at De Dam square in Amsterdam (Netherlands) or De Grote Markt square in Antwerp (Belgium). :)

RnRCj

-