Favourite Disney song and why?

Started by PetiteSirene, September 30, 2007, 03:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

I must say I do prefer the one in the film to the one sung by Christina Aguilera, but thats because I dont really like the was she sings it :S.

I love the lyrics, its one of the songs I really could relate to a few years ago.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

dr.jones

Without a doubt "Why Don't You Do Right" from Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). I know the song is not originally from Disney (I think it's from the '40s, sung by Peggy Lee), but the way it's sung by Jessica Rabbit in the sultry jazz-club ... amazing!! :D

On 2nd place: "What's This" from The Nightmare before Christmas (1993). The rhythm and the atmosphere of this song are just perfect. Besides, it's timeless and sounds great an entire year, not only during the Halloween or Christmas holidays.

By the way, I'm not a fan of the musical-genre. This excludes of course a lot of traditional Disney songs  :wink:

PetiteSirene

I love the Nightmare before Christmas, but never really saw it as disney  :-k

But you are right :) My favourite song from that is kidnap the sandy claws  :twisted:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

DisneyAlba

Hmm... This question is so difficult! Because I like them *all*...

But, it probably has to be "When you wish upon a star"... I really like the Louis Armstrong version of that, too.

Another strong contender for me is "Ev'rybody wants to be a cat"!!
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Crush_Love

I also like all.. but there is one what i really love, it's a whole new world..
the reson why is very personally, I must cry if I think of the moment... but nevertheless I love the song
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Disneyana

I have now thought a while and I found my all time favourite Disney song. It's "Colours of the wind". It has a breathtaking melody and I love the strong message behind that song. It's very emotional and I always get goosebumps and tears in my eyes when listen to it.  Other songs I love are :

Hawaian Roller coaster ride, Always and He Mele No Lilo, because they make me happy. Under the sea  and Can't wait to be king, cause they're so groovy. I'll try and Wil the sun ever shine again and When she loved me, because they help me through sad days. Someday my prince will come and A whole new world, because those are so romantic. Part of that world and A dream is a wish your heart makes, because they describe my feelings.

Okay that's all of my most favourite ones.  :wink:  :D
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

PetiteSirene

I really love the song Gypsy prayer, mainly I think because my Grandmother was from a proper gypsy family (With the cool wooden carts and fortune telling stuff) And because it makes me cry *sniff*  :cry:

Any song that can make me cry is good. Though I also love any song I can sing to!

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

suzie

From all the Disney songs that I know (I haven't seen all the movies yet)

I really like  God help the outcasts, from the Hunchback, the lyrics are so beautiful and just the whole scene is really good.

Another song I absolutely love is Kiss the girl, nice rythm, and I love sebastians accent
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

BlueClouds

Has to be One Jump Ahead from aladdin. dunno why, i just love the tune. i'll sing it all day!
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!