New Attractions

Started by disneymadchris, June 06, 2007, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneymadchris

I notice on DLRP Magic it mentions the plan for the Resort to have a new attraction to be added from 2005 to 2008. Any idea what the attraction could be?

Poppy The Monkey

Well....  :roll: it means 1 new attraction every year for 4 years.

In 2005 - it was Space Mountain Mission 2
in 2006 - Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast
2007 - Toon Studios with Crush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally
2008 - will be the Tower of Terror.

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Well....  :roll: it means 1 new attraction every year for 4 years.

In 2005 - it was Space Mountain Mission 2
in 2006 - Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast
2007 - Toon Studios with Crush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally
2008 - will be the Tower of Terror.

I am so stupid, I forgot all about ower of Terror.  :?

davewasbaloo

Also, don't forget Stitch is on his way too.

But I still think SM Mission 2 is cheating.
since 2001 (many before that)

Punky

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Also, don't forget Stitch is on his way too.

A Stitch attraction? That´s sooooo new to me! What will it be?
If you dream it, you can achieve it!

Atlantica

I know it won't happen etc, but I would love The Little Mermaid ride that was featured on the Special Edition DVD to be created in Paris. That would be the best ride ever!

I do feel though that they need more Princess rides in the park. I know they have Snow White, but it would be nice to see another Princess ride be developed.

Sleeping Beauty Castle, for instance, could be made into a ride.

I could be alone on thinking that, but I'd still like to see it happen.

Punky

I totally agree with you, Atlantica!

The Little Mermaid Ride from the DVD would be just gorgeous!
If you dream it, you can achieve it!

Nicholas-c

they have finished all but 2 of the new rides at the moment

stitch and TOT should be good
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

speedpacket

Please don't put a ride in the castle!!!!
But yes, more princeses - especially the beauty and the beast - I would love to see that dance hall from the movie recreated in real live!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Atlantica

I don't think they would recreate the hall sequence from the movie, but it's a cool idea.  They have already foucused on Beauty and the Beast anyway, as they used to have the live show there.

Anonymous

Would love some dark rides based on the Princess movies.

They could include:-

Cinderella - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, the mice / work song, the ugly stepsisters and Lady Tremaine, Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo, the ball So This is Love, the race back home, the glass slipper, the wedding, So This is Love reprise.

Sleeping Beauty - the christening / Maleficent, the 3 Fairies, Briar Rose - Just Another Dream/I Wonder, the spinning wheel, the fight with the dragon, the wedding / ball room.

Aladdin - street rat, cave of wonders, Prince Ali, Whole New World, fight with Jafar, Whole New World reprise.

And the best one:-  :lol:

Beauty and the Beast - small provincial town / Belle, the inventors fair, the dark woods and the Beast's castle, the Beast, Be Our Guest, Gaston, Something There, Beauty and the Beast, the mob, Beauty and the Beast reprise.

I don't really understand why they switched the structure around on The Little Mermaid so you ended up with Kiss the Girl, as I don't see why Part Of Your World reprise wouldn't have worked. I understand they wanted the reveal going through the trees and into the lagoon, but I don't see why you couldn't have gone through the rainbow Triton creates at the end. I think the structure of all of these lend themselves well to a ride, with a nice reprise of the main themes in each case at the end. I suppose Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin and Cinderella are already represented through Auberge de Cendrillon, Sleeping Beauty's Castle and Passages of Aladdin. But Ariel and Belle are really under-represented in the park, and are arguably two of the most popular Princesses.

Atlantica

I agree with you totally. They are under represented. But I think Belle comes into her own at Christmas with the Christmas Village from The Enchanted Christmas.

And as I said in another thread, you don't ever see Ariel in Winter! I guess she is a Summer character but still!

Anonymous

Ahhh, never been at Christmas.

Perhaps I should go to see Belle.

:)

You only seem to see Belle and Ariel in the parades and the character meets, and of course the merchandising, where thankfully they're well represented. Same goes for Jasmine too.

And for that matter, what about Esmeralda, Pocahontas and Mulan!

I wish they'd move back the focus a bit away from Pixar and back to the more traditional stuff - but I suppose Pixar is very popular.

I wonder what kind of impact Rapunzel, The Frog and the Princess and Enchanted will have.

Atlantica

I totally agree with you! I'm getting worried about the ammount of coverage that Pixar is getting at the moment. Disney would not be Disney without its Animated Classics, and these seem to be getting forgotten in favour of Pixar. A prime example of this would be the Disney MGM Studios becoming Disney ~ Pixar Studios.

It's happening already! But I do hope that Rapunzel , The Frog and the Princess, and Enchated shift the focus back to where it should be!  :D

Kristof

Yes, but Pixar IS Disney now, isn't it?  :wink:   But this discussion belongs in a separate topic.