Few questions!

Started by DisneyGagaChick, February 20, 2018, 08:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyGagaChick

Hi everyone! I'm going to Disneyland Paris in less than three weeks so i've got some questions:

1. Where can you find free Wifi in the resort?
2. Does DLP accept pre-paid travel cash cards? Like the ones you can get from Travelex etc?
3. We are going to the Ratatouille restaurant- whats that like?
4. We are staying in the Kyraid Hotel- whats that hotel like? And how far from the parks?

Thanks!  :-* :-*

Lunabelle

I've only got an answer about Ratatouille (Chez Remy) I'm afraid... But it's brilliant! It was the best resturant we went to: the details are so carefully thought out with the giant fairy light and cocktail umbrellas. The cast members in there really embraced the themeing and the food was great - we were only eating from the set menu but there was still loads of great choices.
Have a great trip!

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on February 20, 2018, 08:41:46 PM
1. Where can you find free Wifi in the resort?
Free WiFi is mainly in the onsite hotels and places like Starbucks and McDonalds. When you are in the parks, the easiest way is visit The Disneyland Hotel, the lobby, shop and Cafe Fantasia area

2. Does DLP accept pre-paid travel cash cards? Like the ones you can get from Travelex etc?
As long as they are Vias or Mastercard yes, they would be accepted

3. We are going to the Ratatouille restaurant- whats that like?
Theming wise, its one of the better restaurants. Its located at the end of the ride, and there is a glass wall so you can see inside. Most people go here for the theming experience, not the food. Its basically an overpriced steakhouse. Take a look at the menus online here https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-ie/system/images/P2TR02_bistrot-chez-remy.pdf
Here is YouTube video of the restaurant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0GXOog0KW8

4. We are staying in the Kyraid Hotel- whats that hotel like? And how far from the parks?
This is one of the partner hotels. It is located on the west side of Disney property, on a side road with about 4 other hotels. As it is a partner hotel you do not get the early park access and will only be able to enter the parks at general opening times. There is a free shuttle bus from the Kyraid BUT it is shared with the other partner hotels so it may get crowded and you may have to wait for the next bus. It is not walkable to the parks. Take a look at Google Maps.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

polar vixen

If youre driving have you considered davy crockett?

pinkprincesspins

I can only comment on Chez Remy but it was excellent. The theming is unlike anything else I've ever experienced. As a vegetarian it was some of the best food available for me too. Unfortunately I have since become allergic to onion and garlic so can't eat there anymore - but I am considering booking just for dessert (if you can do that!)
Have an amazing time - I'm in dlp in 3 weeks too - here's hoping the weather is good!!

DisneyGagaChick

Thanks for your replies, everyone! This is the card I'm talking about:

https://www.travelex.co.uk/travel-money-card

Dolph7800

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on February 21, 2018, 11:41:55 AM

Should work fine as it's a Mastercard. I use Revolut which is a pretty much identical pre-paid mastercard that you top up via the app.

You'll be able to use it pretty much everywhere except for market stalls in the village and possibly some of the food huts in the park too.

Contactless is only 20 Euros as opposed to £30.

haribosmum

we spent our final night at the Kyriad before travelling the next day.  It's not far from the park, seemed to be a regular shuttle (we were facing the car park) but in the morning there was a bit of a queue for it. 

The rooms were smaller than the previous 2 hotels we stayed in at Disney.  No tea/coffee but you can buy a pack at reception (they had lots of things to buy there actually).  We used the bar for Pizza, 12 euros for a medium one.  Can get some hot snacks all reasonably priced and they had lots of vending machines for drinks/snacks.  Breakfast was busy when we went at 9pm but well stocked and nice.  Wifi available in the room and a tv.  Just a very basic room but you don't normally spend long in it.   We'd stay again.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Amiletta

Hi! We are going to DLP in less than 3 weeks too! March 12-14 to be specific.

I've already booked Chez Remy dinner. Also went for a dinner in Inventions. Can't wait!

Have a great time!

Amiletta

Quote from: pinkprincesspins on February 21, 2018, 03:30:23 AM
I can only comment on Chez Remy but it was excellent. The theming is unlike anything else I've ever experienced. As a vegetarian it was some of the best food available for me too. Unfortunately I have since become allergic to onion and garlic so can't eat there anymore - but I am considering booking just for dessert (if you can do that!)
Have an amazing time - I'm in dlp in 3 weeks too - here's hoping the weather is good!!
We will be there the same day! :) Which hotel are you staying?
Me and my kid are staying in Sequoia Lodge.

pooks_girl

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on February 21, 2018, 11:41:55 AM

We've used these before no problem. 1st year we went it wasn't a chip and pin card so had a couple of issues trying to get people to understand we needed to swipe the card but always got there in the end. 2nd year we got a new card and it was chip and pin and had no issues at all. Used in the parks, the village and hotels.

DisneyGagaChick

Does DLP accept Asda prepaid travel cards?? I know they accept Mastercard