My dads 50th celebration

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, February 12, 2018, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi I'm wondering how I'd go about organising a few surprises upon our arrival for my dad who's turning 50 literally before we visit we're not staying over his birthday but he loves tower of terror we're staying at the SL golden forest thanks!

mickeyspal

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on February 12, 2018, 08:28:48 AM
Hi I'm wondering how I'd go about organising a few surprises upon our arrival for my dad who's turning 50 literally before we visit we're not staying over his birthday but he loves tower of terror we're staying at the SL golden forest thanks!
Hi littlebitofpixiedust,

If you email your request to DLP.DISNEY.SPECIAL.ACTIVITIES@disney.com, they will come to back to you asap, if they are very busy it might take a few days to reply. Give them as much information as possible of the surprise you want to give your Dad.
I used them for our last trip, it was mine and my sons birthdays; I wanted to surprise my son and have cake and champagne ready for him in his family room, it was also my grandson's first trip so wanted a soft toy for him. They sorted this for us, but they gave us the biggest surprise when we arrived at DLH, we had booked 2 x CC rooms and they gave us the Cinderella Suite - I didn't want to leave the suite, it was just perfect.

1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

polar vixen

How far in advance would you reccommend emailing them?

mickeyspal

Quote from: polar vixen on February 13, 2018, 10:59:41 PM
How far in advance would you reccommend emailing them?
Hi,
I emailed about 6 weeks before we were due to arrive, it was quite a few days before I received a reply, but once I did then they were quick to reply to all my questions. My request was very basic, just a couple bottles of champagne, cake (the best cake ever) and a large Mickey Mouse plush. If you have something special you want them to organise then I would email asap, giving them plenty of time to co-ordinate with you so everything is how you want it.
Although our request was a simple one, they still managed to make it special. When we were taken to our suite the champagne was on ice waiting for us, the cake was sitting on a linen covered trolley with fresh cut flowers scattered over the linen, and the Mickey plush toy was sitting proudly waiting for my grandson to play with it, all these little touches made it special.
Whatever your request is, I'm certain they will endeavour to make it  as special as you hope it to be.
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

littlebitofpixiedust

Wow what an amazing surprise! I bet that was truly magical to stay there!

Thankyou I'll email them today he loves tower of terror so something from there would be fantastic