Bigger families?

Started by Krystalm84, December 26, 2017, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krystalm84

Hello,

We want to go to Disney land Paris in October the issue is we would take our nanny with us so would mean:
3 adults needing 2 bedrooms
4 children - triplets 2 years old and 8 year old

So we need 3 bedrooms as our nanny would need her own space in the evenings but we don't mind sharing with the children.
We will also be driving so need some parking.

Any ideas about options? Disney seem to cater for the available size family!

pinkprincesspins

I'm definitely not an expert (single mum of one!) but I think the Cheyenne have large family rooms that sleep 6 (and then an extra room for your nanny). Or most (if not all) of the hotels will have adjoining rooms so you could have two adjoining rooms for the parents and the children and then another room for your nanny.
Davy Crocketts Ranch would be another good option for your family (the chalets sleep six in two bedrooms with a living area in between I believe) but then your nanny would either need a chalet to themselves (an expensive option?) or maybe a room at Santa Fe or something and you could pick them up as you drove to the parks or meet them there.
Like I say I'm sure there are better informed people but I thought I would give you the options I came up with.

Have a magical time when you go!

chloe-o

Not sure if your up for staying off site or not but...
In our experience as a family of 6 little ones dont count towards room occupancy until theyre either 3 or 4. In the past theyve just put travel cot/s in for the babies (including our 3 year old last time?)  Santa fe and newport bay both have rooms for 6 but as far as im aware you dont get and "deals" if you book their large family rooms. Disneyland hotel also have a room for 5... just missed the boat on that one myself as my youngest is 3 in june and we cant afford it  :'( and as pinkprincess says theres davy crockett that sleep 6.

Off site there are many more options. Were going for may half term and its our furst time off site but the magic circus can accomodate the 6 of us, the explorers hotel had a huge room and there are appartments at val d'europe aswell as tonnes of air bnbs nearby. Weve opted to try the circus hotel for two night but then we're going on to Villages nature. We've got a cottage for 6 but they do bigger ones so your nanny could have her own space. It does mean buying tickets to disney seperatley but it looks amazing with the waterpark and farm etc. Im anxious about missing the onsite hotels but hoping the other bits will make up for it plus i know the kids would struggle with the lack of hotel breakfast this time.

Hope you find what works for you guys. It can be very frustrating tryi g to find a way to do it when your a family of more than 4....its worth it though!!   :D