Pin trading events

Started by Stitch, September 10, 2017, 12:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch

Hi All!

Back again after a few years away & have my next tip booked in Dec *squeels*

I'm trying to find out a bit of current info on pin trading events but I'm struggling. Where do I look for planned events for Dec 2017? Can anyone help me?

Jen x
-Jenn@

IntoTheWoods

Don't want to hijack your thread, but also didn't want to open a new one with this being so closely related :)

Is pintrading (with cast members) still a thing in DLP? Would like to get into it :D
Where nothing's clear.
Where witches, ghosts and wolves appear

samuelvictor

Sorry I don't know if/when specific events are planned (seems to be less of a big thing in Paris than it is in the American parks), I'm not sure there are any at the moment, they aren't mentioned on the official site ( http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/events/disneyland-paris-pin-trading/ ). There are new pins released every month including limited edition ones (the new ones can always be seen at the link on that page, just click "read more") but they aren't laucnhed at events, just sold temporarily in various shops until they run out.

And yes, pin trading with cast members is still a thing, any cast member with a lanyard with pins is obligated to trade with you if you ask them to. However, TBH the cast members usually have pretty simple, boring pins (small, single layer, cheap quality, not like the nice ones you buy in the shops) and many of them are actually fakes/scrappers that they have gotten from people would bought multi packs of fake ones from ebay. They never check if they are real, and are pretty much obligated to accept sawps as to not upset punters, so any nice/rare/good quality pins get swapped for cheap fakes ones pretty quickly! Any cast memebrs who actually care about pins and buy and collect ones that they like would not wear them, incase they be asked to give them away.

Sorry to both of you if these are disapointing answers. I still LOVE Disney Pin collecting (I have hundreds, many limited editions, probably worth quite a few thousand pounds) but the ability to swap them etc in Paris is a little disapointing compared to what the experience feels like it "should" be.

Puffin

There is a Pin Trading Event every month in Paris. The details are announced on the monthly flyer together with the limited editions: http://download.disneylandparis.com/Pin-Trading_new-month-release.pdf. So next month's Pin Trading Night is at Sequoia Lodge on October 27th. You'll also find pin traders every weekend outside the Pueblo Trading Post in Frontierland.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

polar vixen

you can also swop with a pin trading board in the pueblo pin trading outpost in frontierland, but you can only swop like value pins - ie, hidden mickey for hidden mickey or limited edition for limited edition, knowing this ive been careful to keep a couple of good quality pins off my lanyard so that they don't get traded and I then have them for trading in the shop. we found the cast members in the shops at the park gates tend to have good ones along with the cast members who wear red jackets and seem to be on guest relations who wander the park.

AJDisney

Quote from: polar vixen on October 01, 2017, 10:35:34 PM
you can also swop with a pin trading board in the pueblo pin trading outpost in frontierland, but you can only swop like value pins - ie, hidden mickey for hidden mickey or limited edition for limited edition, knowing this ive been careful to keep a couple of good quality pins off my lanyard so that they don't get traded and I then have them for trading in the shop. we found the cast members in the shops at the park gates tend to have good ones along with the cast members who wear red jackets and seem to be on guest relations who wander the park.

I traded for anything I wanted when I went in September!

Worth noting that the Pueblo Trading Post is only open during the weekends at the moment and the Pin trading cart outside of the Ice Cream Shop seems to be closed during off-peak times.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site