Anyone eaten at the new Captain Jacks?

Started by BeautyandtheBeast, July 24, 2017, 05:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeautyandtheBeast

I believe the official opening is today and have opened this thread to hear all about customers dining experiences!
Has anyone dined there today?

Nicola

I wish I could find a cope of the new menu too, not much help to you sorry!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Nicola

Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

BeautyandtheBeast

I found this if any good?

[attachment deleted by admin]

DisneyFan43

I've just come back from DLP on friday and we ate at Captain Jack's on Tuesday. I was a bit worried because the set menu for the plus didn't have much on I would eat, so we paid the extra for the next one up and i have to say it is now one of my new favourite restaurants!!! The food was lovely and portions were great!!  I will try to add pics if i can. It was fully booked with no cancellations but we were only 10mins late to table, great atmosphere with the pirate flags around and music. But the food was delicious! I had cod fritters and then beef rib, which must have been the biggest rib in existence!!, then the chocolate tart. Well worth paying the extra, as we only paid 26 euros because we had the half board plus vouchers. It is a bit pricey if you don't have meal vouchers but I would recommend even going and just having a main course off the a la carte. Definitely worth a visit!!
Visited DLP; May 1994, Dec 1995, May 1997, Oct 1997, May 1998, Oct 1999, 2000, Halloween Soiree 2003, 2004, NYE 2005/2006, Feb 2007, Feb 2009, May 2013, Oct 2015, July 2017, March 2018

DisneyFan43

The Seven Seas Pearl menu is what we had.
Visited DLP; May 1994, Dec 1995, May 1997, Oct 1997, May 1998, Oct 1999, 2000, Halloween Soiree 2003, 2004, NYE 2005/2006, Feb 2007, Feb 2009, May 2013, Oct 2015, July 2017, March 2018

MickeyAteMyCap

I looked at the English menu online. Doubt I'll be eating there when I'm at DLP. Way too expensive and too many niche meals.

CitrusZing

Ok folks, I hope this is helpful. The Captain Jack's menu in English:

A la carte (also Premium meal plan)

Starters
Marinated prawns, pear squash, papaya and a citrus & mint avocado salad.  17,99 €
Spicy black pudding, roasted plantain, with Creole-style meatballs and Creole cabbage salad. 16,99 €
Cod fritters with cassava fries, tamarind sauce and Creole cabbage salad. 16,99 €
White tuna ceviche, coriander, lime and fried taco.17,99 €
Crab bake with a tangy multicoloured carrot salad. 17,99 €
Quinoa salad with spicy cashew nut vinaigrette. 15,99 €
Island-style fish soup. 16,99 €

Main Courses
Grilled Wahoo fillet, sweet potato mash and a tangy multicoloured carrot salad. 34,99 €
Steamed fillet of red snapper, smoked aubergine and tomato ginger chutney. 36.99 €
Oven-baked Mahi-Mahi fish steak with coconut sauce and pepper. 34,99 €
Grilled wild-caught king prawns, shallots and sun-dried tomatoes with an orange-flavoured bell pepper and jalapeño salsa. 42.99 €
Caribbean chicken and prawns with Captain's rice. 36.99 €
Slow-roast smoked suckling pig with grilled aubergines and squash. 34.99 €
Grilled beef tenderloin, smoked spiced pepper glaze, wild-caught king prawns, mangetout,onions and peppers. 42,99€
Prime beef rib with a tamarind glaze, jalapeño salsa and sweet potato. 36.99 €
Vegetable curry (curry de legumes) - with plantain banana and the Captain's rice. 30,99 €

Desserts
Island-style rice pudding with mango purée. 13,99 €
Banana baked in rum and cane sugar, with caramelised pecan nuts. 14.99 €
Tropical fruit soup with muscovado sugar and coconut foam. 13.99 €
Chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream and spiced syrup. 14.99 €
Caramelised pineapple tart with vanilla cream and salted caramel.14.99 €
Guava and coconut cream cheesecake. 14,99 €
Assortment of tropical sorbets. 11,99 €
Coffee or tea "Gourmand" (Selection of mini-desserts). 11,99 €

Pirates' Treasure Menu – 39.99 € (also Plus meal plan)
Starter, Main Course & Dessert (drink not included)
Starter: Island-style fish soup OR Quinoa salad with spicy cashew nut vinaigrette.
Main Course: Oven-baked Mahi-Mahi fish steak with coconut sauce and pepper OR Slow-roast smoked suckling pig with grilled aubergines and squash.
Dessert: Island-style rice pudding with mango purée OR Tropical fruit soup with muscovado sugar and coconut foam.

Seven Seas Pearl Menu – 46.99 €
Starter: Spicy black pudding, roasted plantain, with Creole-style meatballs and Creole cabbage salad OR Cod fritters with cassava fries, tamarind sauce and Creole cabbage salad.
Main Course: Prime beef rib with a tamarind glaze, jalapeño salsa and sweet potato OR Caribbean chicken and prawns with Captain's rice.
Dessert: Banana baked in rum and cane sugar, with caramelised pecan nuts OR Chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream and spiced syrup.

Captain's Menu – 55.99 €
Starter: Marinated prawns, pear squash, papaya and a citrus & mint avocado salad OR White tuna ceviche, coriander, lime and fried taco.
Main Course: Grilled beef tenderloin, smoked spiced pepper glaze, wild-caught king prawns, mangetout,onions and peppers OR Steamed fillet of red snapper, smoked aubergine and tomato ginger chutney.
Dessert: A la carte.

Sorry that the childrens' menus aren't on there but I can't read the writing for them on the photo. The prices are as follows:
Children's Menu (ages 3-11) 18,99 € (Plus meal plan)
Premium Children's Menu (ages 3-11) 31.99 € (Premium meal plan)

EDIT: Thanks to Bad Pink Tink on the other thread.
Quote from: bad-pink-tink on July 24, 2017, 09:22:19 PM
Children's Menu
Starter
Tuna Roulade
Or
Vegetable Salsa

Main Course
Roast Chicken Breast
Or
Pasta with Vegetable Bolognaise
Side Dish of Choice – Rice, Sweet Potato Puree, Green Vegetables

Dessert
Vanilla Ice-cream with Chocolate Drizzle
Or
Fruit Crumble
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Mrsya

We've just returned and sorry to say we won't be eating there again I don't think... the atmosphere and theming is still as fab as always but with the complete absence of any side dishes that my children would eat we found it very poor value for money. The children were left hungry and we were disappointed. I had the most expensive option from the menu (beef rib and king prawn) and at €42 it should have been amazing. It was very tasty but again the portions just weren't big enough.

Too expensive, too small and not enough child-friendly options. Our 4th visit will be our last. 🙁

mickey1980

What is it with DLP and not being able to serve decent food at a reasonable price.. It's kinda sad. Being situated in Paris, DLP should be the capital of haute cuisine.

They can learn a lot from TDL and TDS.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018