La Grange at Billy bobs

Started by robzabrocky, April 19, 2017, 01:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robzabrocky

Hi,

we are visiting in October with a picky eater (ASD picky) and want to venture away from the Davy Crocketts tavern where we ate every meal last time. Mainly because they served chicken and fish nuggets, and chips.

We are looking at the billy bobs buffet, but it's hard to find a description of what they serve beyond "tex mex"

has anyone eaten there recently who could let me know if they do any kind of breaded chicken/fish product my little boy can eat?

Also, has anyone had a quick counter breakfast yet?

Thanks

Rob

polar vixen

We're very much in the same situation (3 asd boys)  and have found Billy bobs really good. Haven't been this year yet but every previous trip has had the extra kids buffet with the breaded chicken and has a had a really good supply of stuff that's not in sauce etc. And desserts are the best of any buffet we've been to.

robzabrocky

you're a star thank you, will put it on the list to get booked

Dolph7800

They had nuggets/goujons when we went in Feb. They also had some really nice meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta. They had a kids table on the buffet too.

Although their Chilli Con Carne had sweetcorn in, what kind of deviant does that?  :P

robzabrocky

sweetcorn in a chilli? that is close to pineapple-on-a-pizza levels of wrongness

thanks for the info, Billy Bob's looking like a good choice for us

dlpowl

My eldest son has ASD and is super picky.  Although Crocketts Tavern was his favourite, he also enjoyed Billy Bobs.  Can't remember exactly what he had but he's a very plain eater and I know he ate well.  They have plain tortilla wraps and he enjoyed putting stuff he likes in those.  He also loved the dessert section cos it was the largest we came across! 

Parsons

I'm really happy I found this thread. My son aged 5, also asd will only eat chicken nuggets and chips too. We will go here for sure in November .