Disneyland Pressed Pennies & Souvenir Coins

Started by DisneyLover95, May 07, 2017, 01:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyLover95

*** Disneyland Paris Pressed Pennies & Souvenir Coins ***
Good Afternoon,

I am visiting Disneyland Paris on May 18th and I have heard people talking about the Elongated Pressed Pennies located at the Rainforest Cafe within the Park, I am just wondering whether anyone would be able to inform me whether these machines are still onsite so that I can collect these pennies.

Friends have also informed me that there are Golden Disney Souvenir Medallions that cost 2 Euro each. Can anyone please direct me to where these machines are located and how many medallions there are to collect.

Thanks
Ryan  ;D :D ;)

msRavenswood

Hello and welcome to the forum, Ryan! Unfortunately, there are no pressed pennies available at Disneyland Paris, just the Golden coins. The machines are located at Disney Village, close to Annette's Diner and also at the arcades before you enter Main Street (underneath the train station). It's hard to tell how many designs there are available, as they release new ones all year round.

bobothebear

Used one in the Arcade on the right and it stole my money last Xmas.
Would not recommend bothering!

samuelvictor

The 2 Euro coins are really nice in my opinion. They are official Monnaie de Paris ones and are quite collectable.

You can find 3 dispensors outside the Disney Store in Disney Village - one is for a generic "Disneyland Paris" one (though the design changes every few years), another is for a year based one (so currently "2017") and another is for a current attraction or promotion (so currently the 25th Anniversary). They are regularly updated with new designs. You can also find dispensors with other coins in the arcades on either side of main street, and the entrance area to the main park, and also various shops like the Christmas shop and Star Traders have plastic tubs with coins in.

I will warn that (like pin badges) collecting them becomes rather addictive. I have exactly 30 of them so far, and I always get more every time I go, and sometimes buy ones on ebay that have a special meaning to me. I have ones for every year that I've been, for major events like the 15th, 20th and 25th anniversaries, one for each land, many for specific attractions like Star Tours, Pirates of the Carribean etc. They are all time and location specific, so all of them are limited edition in a way - some of the more specific ones are quite rare and become valuable - for example I have a Panoramagique one that I've seen sell on ebay for well over £100. The Studios Park ones seem to be more valuable than the generic Disneyland Park ones, I guess because less people buy them. Ditto Main Street USA ones are more valuable than the other "proper" lands.

Probably too much info, but hope that helps :)

samuelvictor

Quote from: bobothebear on May 07, 2017, 09:42:39 PM
Used one in the Arcade on the right and it stole my money last Xmas.
Would not recommend bothering!

I'm sorry to hear that, I've never had that issue. The machine must have ran out of coins - if you'd have told a cast member they'd have got you another one and restocked it for others. When they've been out of certain designs in the buckets in the shop, cast members have been happy to go fetch more or find a certain design for me (assuming its a current, in stock design of course).

If ever a dispensor, arcade machine, shooting gallery etc as "eaten" my coin, I've always been given free goes when questioning it, and they are glad to be informed of the issue so they can either fix it or mark the machine as out of order so otehrs don't have the same problem. :)