DLP thinking of Premium Fastpasses?

Started by Dolph7800, April 28, 2017, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmaviolet

ED92 have announced it's going ahead from May....
90 euro per person per day for premium and 15 euro for the ONE option.

sunshine1

Yep. Just seen confirmation also.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Rocketeer

Well I guess I retract my earlier theory that it might not happen.

I doubt this had a favourable response, but then again when the minds made up, the company will do it regardless.

Just look at the Guardians Tower.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Zee79

They are trying to find ways of clawing the money back they have spent on refurbs that should have been getting done before instead of leaving things until they at their worse & 25th celebrations.

tubbsy

https://www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/parking-q-bot-and-extras/q-bot/

It's been happening in the UK at Merlin parks for years. But they didn't have a history of free FPs running before and alongside it.
I am hoping there will be a limit as to how many of these that can be sold as fiyero said "If everyone has a fast pass, nobody has a fast pass."

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ChipandDale99

Quote from: tubbsy on May 01, 2017, 08:16:06 AM
https://www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/parking-q-bot-and-extras/q-bot/

It's been happening in the UK at Merlin parks for years. But they didn't have a history of free FPs running before and alongside it.
I am hoping there will be a limit as to how many of these that can be sold as fiyero said "If everyone has a fast pass, nobody has a fast pass."

Yes and people complains about that... a lot
Even the merlin parks are cheaper than this though. For the ultimate one at chessington you pay £70 but that is for basically every ride in the park. Not just ones with a fast track.
For one shots in England it costs £4-6 at the most £8 for the most popular rides.
Also with merlin parks most people only do day trips so it seems a little more worth it but a large proportion of DLP visitors and on multiple day trips so that would really add up.

But I agree hopefully only a few will be sold. Therefore it won't effect the queue lines too much.
It's just annoying, we pay so much already and now pay for breakfast.
I used to think the merlin parks were pushing it with paying for every part but Disney seems to be moving in that direction.
(Sorry rant over)

polar vixen

Legoland u believe though is 40 pounds per person  for the q-bot but even then you are given an allocated time to visit rather than simply jumping the queue when you feel like it.

YenSidBot

an extra source of income , won't be buying one myself but can understand the appeal that some people would have
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

Rocketeer

I do wonder if this is the first instance of Burbank's new influence on the resort?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Karmaviolet

Beginning to think this is just rumour still....

ED92's twitter definately said "From May"
However the Facebook page page "....may introduce..."

I wonder if there's been a translation error and it's still in consultation, as there's nothing official from Disney, no word of people having bought them etc..

I suspect, if they are considering it, it will come in, as it will raise needed funds and, as long as they price them right so that not everyone can just buy them, or they ensure they limit the number available on a given day, it's a simple way of doing it.

A&S&O

I wonder if they would consider a family version?

A single person is more likely to pay €90 than a family of four paying €360.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?