Breakfast without vouchers

Started by Princess, April 05, 2017, 12:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess

We are going to disneyland the week after Easter and to be honest, this voucher-meal-plan-system seems way too confusing for me.
As we never really liked the hotel breakfast at hotel cheyenne I'm looking for other possibilities.
What do you think is the easiest and cheapest way to get a small breakfast before park opening?
Thanks for your help!

sunshineinadress

You can always go to places in the Disney Village on your way into the parks.. they've got a Starbucks and a McDonald's that will definitely do breakfast foods. I'm not sure about the others as these are the only ones I've been to for breakfast (they're both quick and not too bad a price!) but I'm sure others around there will too.
Or, if you want to wait until the park has opened, there's a shop down Main St (can't remember the name argh!) that does little muffins and pastries and stuff.
Hope this helped!
xxx

wallefan

There are new breakfast options in Cafe Hyperion, an omelette sandwich, croissants etc. However, I'm sure it will be quite busy with guests who have vouchers for free counter service breakfast.

polar vixen

Annettes breakfasts look amazing

claire2281

There's a Starbucks at the Cheyenne now too.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Princess

Thank you for all the ideas!

Is the Starbucks at hotel Cheyenne already open?
I tried to find more information, but it seemed nothing more than a rumour that Santa Fe and Cheyenne could get their own Starbucks.

voidzito

What type of food we find in Cheyenne ? You said you didnt like now i'm curious. We have free HB and thinking to upgrade onsite for hotel breakfast.

I saw a image saying where we could get the counter service breakfast but it didnt say exactly what it was, is that information out ? where can i find it ?

Princess

I'm not sure if they changed anything with having us pay for it separately instead of breakfast being included.
It was a cold buffet with bread rolls and croissants (but the chewy, strange kind, not what you normally expect in france), canned fruit salad, some ham and chese, thin and sugary orange juice, cereals, jam, honey, etc.
So really nothing special if you consider the price.

disneydad73

Are you getting the half board meal plan? If so then you will receive a voucher for a counter service breakfast that you can use in the park (currently only Cafe Hyperion in Discoveryland).

You get 2 choices: The sweet version which is a Pain Au Chocolate and a roll with jam or the savoury version which is an omelette and bacon roll and a croissant. Both options come with juice and a hot drink (tea, coffee, hot choc).

We've just come back and the queues were not an issue - not like lunch time - and its available until 1030.

We upgraded so that we could get hotel breakfast as I dint think that the breakfast on the go would be enough to set us up for the day, plus you have to take time out of your magic hours to use it. We did use it a couple of times though, just before 1030 to have a quick pitstop and a snack.

alevion

Dad73
How much did they charged  you for this upgrade?
We ll  stay  at the DH by the end of april and we  got the free HB and  i m quite  disappointed they downgraded the breakfast voucher...

disneydad73

I think it was about £220 - it worked out at roughly £13 each per day. It may seem expensive, but I value a decent breakfast in the morning at the hotel before we hit the park. Also I take along a couple of tupperware tubs and breakfast also provides enough croissants, rolls, ham, cheese and yoghurts for lunch!  ;D So it soon becomes worth it when you consider what you pay for lunch in the park.  8)

alevion

I agree. Only  hope  the  rate for such  upgrade at disneyland hotel will be reaaonable:-p .
Thank you

voidzito

Disneydad73 what hotel were you win ? and the 15£ per day for breakfast upgrade was for 1 person ?

disneydad73

Voidzito - we were staying in Sequoia Lodge, and yeah it was that per person roughly. I paid for it before we went when I booked everything else. But you can book on a day by day basis, or I think I saw some people paying as we went in for breakfast, so if you took a notion one morning you may be able to just pitch up and pay - but I'd check that.