What are the must do's in DLP when you have young daughters

Started by Gemma 35, April 02, 2017, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma 35

Hi,

Going to DLP 1st sept for 3 nights.

We hve 2 daughters aged 6 and 3.  They especially love princsses but also love Mickey etc.

What rides, shows parades would people recommend for us.  I have no idea how busy it will be - beginning of sept- hopefully not too bad as most people will be prepraing to go back to school.

Also we are staying at cheyanne, do characters still make appearances there, we were planning on eating our evening meal in the hotel before heading back in to the park for illuminations etc

Thanks

Mitchell

Definitely go and see the Sparkling Princess Waltz on the castle stage, its brilliant :) The Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris show is great too, depending on when you're there definitely check out Forest of Enchantment, it ends on September 3rd though.

The characters are back in the Disney hotels :)
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

Gemma 35

Thanks will definitley check it out.   What rides would people recommend?  I'm not too keen on queuing an hour for them to go on some tea cups which they could go on anywhere so really i want to know what rides are worth the wait and any tips for going on rides at quieter times.  Cheers

claire2281

You're very unlikely to queue for that long on any but the busiest days for the small rides.

Peter Pan is a must do ride with young children but it always has a long queue because it's popular and its throughput is low. Either ride it during extra magic hours or get a fastpass the moment you enter the park.

The newly reopened Pirates will be worth riding too. As for other rides it depends if you want ones suitable for your children and whether they'll be okay with fast or a little scary. If so, Big Thunder Mountain and Phantom Manor are must dos.

Another thing worth pointing out is the Princess Pavilion which is one of the best ways of meeting the princesses without having a meal at Auberge. It will say on the board outside which princess is there at the time.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Karmaviolet

My girls were 5 and 4 when we went last year, and will be 6 and 5 this year.

Firm favourites were - It's a Small World, Casey Jnr, Pinocchio and Dumbo.  Eldest loved the Pirates ride, and Peter Pan was closed when we went.  In Studios they loved Slinky Dog and the Stitch Show.
We topped up our Standard Vouchers to eat at Auberge de Cendrillon one day, which meant they got to meet 3 Princesses without tonnes of queuing - it's expensive but definately worth it if you have princess mad children!
They also loved wandering about upstairs in the Castle - it tells the story of Sleepy Beauty and can be a nice way of just relaxing a little bit away from loads of hussle and bussle.

With the new shows on, we will definately be making sure we see both shows on the Castle Stage!

polar vixen

If your budget can stretch to it I'd do a meal at the auberge de cendrillon where you'll have a meal and visits from at least 3 princesses, 1 prince and cinderella mice. Pricey but beats standing in a queue for well over and hour and a half to meet 1 princess. Rides I wouldn't miss with any little one are buzz lightyear and the story book boats. Also the stitch show and ratatouille . Get them ready for excitement by having a few disney theme med movie nights in the weeks leading up to your holiday.
And take a princess dress with you unless your happy to buy one there at 60 euro plus each
They'll get loads more attention....even from characters going past in the parade!