Restaurant Recommendation

Started by Tinkerhel1970, March 28, 2017, 09:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerhel1970

Myself, hubby and 17 year old daughter are going in June this year, staying at Davy Crocketts Ranch and we have the half board offer.  We are happy to eat at Davy Crocketts Tavern for 3 of our 4 nights but are looking to upgrade our vouchers to eat in the park one night when we're planning to stay for the fireworks.  What are your recommendations for a restaurant that we really shouldn't miss?  :)
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

cjebs

Blue Lagoon has always been my favourite but may be closed when you are there as it is inside the pirates of the Caribbean ride so great theme and good food.

Walts its lovely but better during the day really so we can hopefully see the parade if you can bag a window table.

if you haven't been before I would also recommend Buffalo Bills Wild West show which is a great live show for all ages with a meal included which is rustic "cowboy" food so a bowl of chilli corn bread drumsticks sausages etc on big heavy cast iron plates you get to bang loudly with a spoon which brings the kid out in anyone. 2nd category seating is fine its only a few rows further back and makes little difference really.

buffets agrabah cafe is always getting good reviews for its different cuisine mainly curry and middle eastern food if you are looking for a change from the buffet at davy crocketts? its very close to the castle so not far to walk to take position for the show.

Tinkerhel1970

Thanks very much for the recommendations, I'm going to check the menus out online before we decide  :D
WDW December 2005
WDW November 2019

polar vixen

I'd also recommend buffalo bill-it's a night out you won't get anywhere else. For the ming bistrot chez Remy in the studios is outstanding. Or the buffets at plaza gardens (parks) or Billy bobs( in the village) are both really good and won't cost you anything extra. If you want a character meal inventions is the best I think
But would cost you quite a bit more.
Have a great holiday!

dlpowl

Quote from: Tinkerhel1970 on March 28, 2017, 09:52:42 AM
Myself, hubby and 17 year old daughter are going in June this year, staying at Davy Crocketts Ranch and we have the half board offer.  We are happy to eat at Davy Crocketts Tavern for 3 of our 4 nights but are looking to upgrade our vouchers to eat in the park one night when we're planning to stay for the fireworks.  What are your recommendations for a restaurant that we really shouldn't miss?  :)

You can use your free Half Board vouchers in Agrabah Cafe and Restaurant Des Stars and Billy Bobs - they're not just for using at Davy Crockett ranch.  Although the buffet at the ranch is lovely, I think most people don't want to leave the parks early to travel back to the ranch to eat.  So you don't actually need to pay any more money to eat in the parks every night.   You only need to pay more if you want to upgrade to a table service restaurant such as Chez Remy.

Andybear

Two counter services places I recommend are Hakuna Matata and Cowboy Cookout Barbecue.

Tinkerhel1970

Thanks very much for the tips, they're much appreciated.  We ate at Plaza Gardens and Billy Bobs last year, Billy Bobs was good but we didn't rate it as highly as Davy Crocketts.  Plaza Gardens on the other hand was extremely disappointing, we weren't impressed with the service or the food. 

We don't mind paying extra for a good experience so I think the decision will probably be left with our 17 year old daughter who usually gets her own way  ;D
WDW December 2005
WDW November 2019