Half Board Plus Meal Plan Vouchers

Started by xlucylu89x, March 21, 2017, 02:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlucylu89x

Have been to DLP a few times but have never used the meal plans (other than breakfast which up until recently was included). .

Could anyone tell me how much the lunch vouchers and dinner vouchers are for (i.e. how many euros off your meal you get)?

We are staying for 2 nights 3 days. Will we receive 3 x lunch vouchers or just 2 as we are only staying 2 nights.

Just want to double check so we have a better idea on how much to budget for food. Thank you for any help  :D
Cheyenne 2005 & 2007
Newport Bay 2012 & 2017
Santa Fe 2014 & 2016

voidzito

Hi,

1 per night at least thats what says in my booking so i guess you get 2. for the regular meal plan the lunch/dinner voucher is worth 28€ iirc , you can use on the respective restaurants of your plan or on higher up restaurants and paying the difference.

cjebs

I have recently booked on the free half board voucher offer,  I decided to upgrade to full board for an extra 60pds, we are unlikely to use both vouchers each day but as this bumps it from 2-4 vouchers in total for the 2 of us of 3 days we can get another 3 course meal on the 3rd day and 2 meals on day 1:

Day 1- lunch and dinner voucher used
day 2- breakfast in hotel and late lunch/early dinner voucher
day 3 breakfast and lunch

we are planning on driving over so will be getting to the park pretty early but as can't check in until 3pm drop bags off and head straight in, u can collect tickets and meal passes as soon as you arrive.

we are staying in the golden forest so we get a cooked breakfast included still but may still have quick counter service in the park depending on what time we get up for EMH.

I have been previously and used both meal plans and just pay as you go and found the vouchers to be better value for money overall when on shorter trips or if you are likely to always use table service restaurants for main meals

if your not bothered and are looking at just counter service for a quick fill up then it might not be worth upgrading, and it also depends on the hotel your staying in what type of meal plan you got included for free.

ilovemainstxxx

We are thinking of doing this and staying in the golden forest but are wondering as we get breakfast included with the hotel could we use the breakfast voucher in the park later or will it only be towards a breakfast ....
If so does anyone know what time they stop serving breakfast food in the park ??
Thanks

polar vixen

I was told breakfast vouchers had to be used before 10.15 and have a 9 euros value.....I don't know if you'll be able to redeem them against anything else

cjebs

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on March 22, 2017, 11:40:56 AM
We are thinking of doing this and staying in the golden forest but are wondering as we get breakfast included with the hotel could we use the breakfast voucher in the park later or will it only be towards a breakfast ....
If so does anyone know what time they stop serving breakfast food in the park ??
Thanks

I don't know how this will work, I assume you get given the vouchers to use if you wish to grab a bite in the park instead of going to the club lounge ?

the new voucher system should kick in end of the month or has it already started?

ilovemainstxxx

Thanks for the replies ....

Don't really think that;s fair that you have to pay for your breakfast twice ...
ah well

thanks again