Photopass for 2.5 days. Worth it?

Started by Minnie2017, March 10, 2017, 10:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minnie2017

Hi all.

Going DLP first time In July. And I was wandering for photopass plus... is it worth it for 2 adults who are going for 2.5 days and will do about 3 of the photo rides answers meet about 4/5 characters?

On a tight budget but also want nice photos. HELPPPPP

dlpowl

Probably not, that's basically my honest answer!  Lol!  We loved our photo pass+ (which is the one you pay for in advance which is what I think you're talking about) but we were there for 7 days and did 27 character meets as well as all the rides so for us it was worth it. 

I'm pretty certain that you can get a photo pass card for free from any of the photo desks in the shops then whenever you have your photo taken on a ride or by an official photographer you have that photo scanned onto your card.  Then at the end of your trip you can go to a photo desk and view all your photos and decide what you want to do then.  It costs a little more to buy it then (rather than in advance) - but you'll get all your photos just as you would if you bought it in advance - but at least you're not paying out loads of money for half a dozen photos.  You can also just buy individual photos as well.  Although paying at the end of your trip is a bit more (approx €10 more I think) at least it gives you the choice because 2.5 days is not a lot of time to be certain you're going to get lots of photos.

Minnie2017

Thanks dlp owl  :) yep I was thinking the same thing. And now we might even make it 2 days as want to go to Val d'eutope shopping centre too. My friend had an annual one she could have leant me but it expire 2 days before my trip. So annoying.

dlpowl

That is annoying!  With the Val D shopping centre, I personally wouldn't sacrifice park time to go there, it's nothing special.  Nothing that you can't get here, but that's just my take on it. 

Minnie2017

Hmm I guess. But I was planning on going early afternoon when the park gets really busy. Just to have a couple of hours away from the park!

Also going Paris. First time so wanna get everything squeezed in, not just DLP!

Seeing as I'm going with 2 other 24 year olds, I don't think we will want to see everything at the parks.

Slimy yet satisfying

I think you are probably underestimating how busy the parks are in July. It can take 1 1/2 hours+ for wait times and the walking distances are larger than you think too. I also agree skip the shopping but if you want to go into Paris I would be tempted to add on an extra day to do this rather than squeeze it in to your existing arrangements.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

dencarter

If you've used the frankly outstanding PhotoPass product at Walt Disney World you may be disappointed by the DLP product as thy have far fewer photographers in the key locations. I recently had a chat with one of the customer relations leaders at DLP about it and she told me it was because they had struggled to recruit photographers to work there. In the time you plan to spend in the parks you won't have much time for the 'big' rides and meet and greets - not in July! I have an annual PhotoPass which is certainly worth it, but unless you can extend your trip you probably shouldn't bother, imho.

Minnie2017

Ah we'll take our own camera then.

How easy will it be to have a pik with mickey and minnie and a few others during EMH?