Breakfast Vouchers

Started by Ehg_92, March 10, 2017, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehg_92

Evening all I am returning to the magic in November and have booked full board plus. 
No more Pause au Gormande I  notice, but a breakfast voucher instead.
From what I can make of it these are not valid for the hotel buffet, is this true (my wife and I are staying in the Sequoia Lodge)?
If they are not, can the be exchanged against the cost of the Hotel buffet, and how much would it cost me on top of the voucher?
Thanks guys :)

Ehg_92

Update (yes I know it is only minutes since I posted the question :p)
I looked on the DLP booking page (why didn't do this before is beyond me...)
For anyone interested all meal plans include breakfast at your Disney hotel :)

dlpowl

Quote from: Ehg_92 on March 10, 2017, 10:58:01 PM
Update (yes I know it is only minutes since I posted the question :p)
I looked on the DLP booking page (why didn't do this before is beyond me...)
For anyone interested all meal plans include breakfast at your Disney hotel :)

Meal plans that have been paid for include a hotel breakfast.  Meal plans that have been given free as part of your package - like with the current offer -  do not.  If you have been given breakfast vouchers then those vouchers can be exchanged in certain restaurants in the parks for a breakfast item and a drink.  They have a face value of €9 and can be used as part payment towards a hotel breakfast.

DaisyDuck

Does anyone know exactly where you will be able to use the breakfast vouchers ? Will it only be counter service on main st?

Mileto

Information from Disney Central Plaza from today (facebook):

Cafe Hyperion
Pizzeria Bella Notte
Starbucks kiosk (at Santa Fe, Cheyenne)
New York Style Sandwiches Disney Village
Cable Car Bake Shop

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

polar vixen

Am I reading this right....a sweet OR savoury breakfast? As in a croissant OR a bread roll and a single drink? Surely that can't be it? Or is it the top pic vs the bottom pic? I was assured there'd be some sort of gluten free option which 4 of my family need......I really hope there is.

claire2281

I assumed it was either that top picture (savoury) or bottom (sweet).
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

msRavenswood

The icons suggest that there will be a juice, a hot drink, a pastry and a sweet or savoury option.

maleficentbbf

I've just booked to go to Disney Paris in September ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D- and got the half board meal plan free. I didn't know about the no breakfast being included and I phoned the agent we have booked with. She said that with the breakfast voucher you can get at the old pizza restaurant next to buzz is the same as what you would get at your hotel.

I'm wanting to know if I can use the breakfast voucher towards paying for breakfast at the hotel? We're staying in the santa fe. Also, if we can do this, does that mean we can eat in any Disney hotel in the mornings?
I have a very picky six year old and a sister who struggles to get up in the morning  ;D ;D
I did phone Disney but the woman couldn't tell me anything  :-\ :-\ :-\

claire2281

Quote from: maleficentbbf on March 28, 2017, 08:59:30 PM
I've just booked to go to Disney Paris in September ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D- and got the half board meal plan free. I didn't know about the no breakfast being included and I phoned the agent we have booked with. She said that with the breakfast voucher you can get at the old pizza restaurant next to buzz is the same as what you would get at your hotel.

That doesn't sound quite right. The breakfast voucher isn't worth the same amount and therefore you don't get a hotel quality breakfast.

QuoteI'm wanting to know if I can use the breakfast voucher towards paying for breakfast at the hotel? We're staying in the santa fe. Also, if we can do this, does that mean we can eat in any Disney hotel in the mornings?
I have a very picky six year old and a sister who struggles to get up in the morning  ;D ;D
I did phone Disney but the woman couldn't tell me anything  :-\ :-\ :-\

According to the terms and conditions of the deal, yes you can upgrade to a hotel breakfast. The vouchers are more 9Euro and the hotel breakfast starts at 16 depending upon where you're staying.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

DaisyDuck

From and to what time are you able to use the breakfast vouchers ?

Mileto

Quote from: DaisyDuck on March 28, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

It's written - inquire about opening hours at the Concierge Desk. - So I suppose you understand that when checking in - maybe between 8 and 10.30 or so.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

dlpowl

Quote from: DaisyDuck on March 28, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

I was told you can use the vouchers from the opening time of whichever restaurant you're going to up until 10.15am.

Tinkerhel1970

I booked last week to stay at Davy Crocketts in June and was told I could use the vouchers at Café Hyperion during extra magic hours.  I rang back on Monday to enquire about paying extra and getting the breakfast boxes at Davy Crocketts instead and was told because we are staying there we get the breakfast boxes anyway.  However there is so much different information going around at the moment I don't know what is right!
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

sunshine1

I am confused - so if you get the free half board meal plan - does that mean no breakfast in the hotel anymore?

*EDIT* just read this on the official website:

Meal plans from 29 March 2017:

Choose your meal plan:

Breakfast: This includes a delicious breakfast buffet at your hotel (except at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch® where you can collect your breakfast basket from the forest chalet located at the entrance to the bungalow area) per person, for each night of your stay.
    Half board: This includes a breakfast buffet at your hotel & one meal (lunch or dinner) per person, for each night of your stay.
    Full board: This includes a breakfast buffet at your hotel & two meals (lunch and dinner) per person, for each night of your stay.