Airport Transfer

Started by PrincessAbbie, March 06, 2016, 05:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessAbbie

Hi everyone! I've just booked a cheeky 3 night stay for the end of this month, staying at the Dream Castle hotel. Last time, we stayed at Santa Fe and used the Magical Shuttle from CDG. We've booked everything separately this year, so I need some suggestions for a good way to transfer to the hotel. Our flight lands at 4.30pm, and looking at the Magical Shuttle times, 5.20pm is the latest one that goes to the Dream Castle hotel from CDG. If I book saying we are going to the Dream Castle hotel, and then we miss that shuttle,could we get another one and get off at Disney, then get to the hotel somehow? Or, is there a better transfer option? There's 2 adults travelling.
Booking separately has saved us loads of money, but it doesn't half stress me out sometimes!
Thanks for any advice.

bad-pink-tink

You should be fine with that Magic Shuttle. Last week my flight landed at 9.45am in Terminal 1 and I made the 10.30am Magic Shuttle in 2E/ 2F
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

PrincessAbbie

Thank you - I'm just concerned that if we miss it, we'll have to fork out for a different transfer. Good to know airport times aren't too bad though - a friend of mine went to Paris a couple of weeks ago and it was an hour and 50 minutes from getting off the plane to getting out of the airport!

caspdex

Try a shared shuttle with RS Transports, probably much the same price as the Magic Shuttle, but will take you to your hotel.

billy

we were in Disney last month and we used Iris Shuttle, they were brilliant you just send them the times of your flight and they will be there waiting for you as you come out, private car, private transfer 130€ return and you pay on the return journey. they dont charge any extra if you are delayed and when they took us back they took us straight to our departure terminal i cant rate them high enough :)

amanda08

Quote from: caspdex on March 07, 2016, 05:56:50 AM
Try a shared shuttle with RS Transports, probably much the same price as the Magic Shuttle, but will take you to your hotel.

Ive just booked these for me and DS in April - 38 euro each way for the two of us :)

stifle

Quote from: PrincessAbbie on March 06, 2016, 06:13:33 PM
Thank you - I'm just concerned that if we miss it, we'll have to fork out for a different transfer. Good to know airport times aren't too bad though - a friend of mine went to Paris a couple of weeks ago and it was an hour and 50 minutes from getting off the plane to getting out of the airport!

The tickets are accepted on any Magic Shuttle service though you may need to change at the railway station if your Magic Shuttle doesn't serve your hotel.

moby2907

Quote from: billy on March 07, 2016, 09:12:01 AM
we were in Disney last month and we used Iris Shuttle, they were brilliant you just send them the times of your flight and they will be there waiting for you as you come out, private car, private transfer 130€ return and you pay on the return journey. they dont charge any extra if you are delayed and when they took us back they took us straight to our departure terminal i cant rate them high enough :)
Do you have contact details for Iris Shuttle as their website appears to be under construction?! Thank you

billy

Quote from: moby2907 on March 15, 2016, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: billy on March 07, 2016, 09:12:01 AM
Do you have contact details for Iris Shuttle as their website appears to be under construction?! Thank you

Hi yes it is 0033603489118 and their email is contact@irisshuttle.com
if you say you have been recommended to them they may give you a discount as they gave us a 10€  ;) and the service we had was brilliant!

JuanitaHurley

Been there done that! We've experienced that before and we tried using airport transfer Paris. Their service is way far better than anyone else. We've got to our itineraries in no time and having more time to spend since we got too early then.

kanuxa

And what about RER ? Does anyone has experience in getting to Disney through it?

Could you please tell me the best and cheaper way to get to DLP? (if by a transfer or by train/bus)

seraphelle

Magical Shuttle - around 1 hour travel time dependent upon hotel location - cost depends on amount of passengers but I think is around 120 euros for 4 people (return ticket) from what I remember from the couple of times I've used it.

TGV - around 11 minutes - cost again depends on how many passengers and what type of ticket. Best to book in advance and make sure you allow enough time to get from terminal to train station area / and allow for any delays on return trip. I think prices start from around 14 euros per person for a single ticket.

Private or shared transfer - around 45 - 60 mins dependent upon hotel location - cost depends on amount of passengers AND luggage. Private option costs a little more than shared. As an example, there were 4 adults and 2 children on my last trip, we had a shared transfer and each person had 1 large hand luggage bag. The cost to us was 65 euros from the airport to our hotel in Serris which is just outside of Disneyland. The vehicle was a minibus and we shared it with a young couple who were staying in a nearby hotel in the same area. A private one would probably be 10 euros more but you wouldn't have any other passengers with you. My previous trip was again a shared shuttle but just myself and my husband with a rucksack each to same location, cost was 55 euros and we ended up in the mini bus by ourselves as other passengers did not show up. No extra charge.

Taxi - around 45 - 60 mins - will charge whatever they feel like! Expect to pay around 80-100 euros (be careful they don't charge you extra after quoting a price due to your luggage).

Uber cab - 45-60 mins - around 65 euros.

Hope this helps.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

norhel

Quote from: seraphelle on February 22, 2017, 01:51:55 PM
Magical Shuttle - around 1 hour travel time dependent upon hotel location - cost depends on amount of passengers but I think is around 120 euros for 4 people (return ticket) from what I remember from the couple of times I've used it.

Magic Shuttle has a fixes price of 20 euros per person per way.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California