Hotel L'Elysee Transportation Questions - RER or Bus?

Started by dxwwf3, February 21, 2017, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dxwwf3

I'll be making my first DLP trip ever this July and I've been trying to do research for it constantly. I would like some opinions on if I should plan to use the free bus service to DLP from my hotel in Val d'Europe or is it worth it to pay a little more and take the RER, which is right outside my hotel at the Val d'Europe station, to The parks?  I can't find any info about how much tickets cost or really what kind of tickets I can use. All the train ticket info I see talks about the Metro passes that can only be used for Zones 1-2 (or maybe 1-3), but since I'll be in Zone 5 90% of my trip, I can't find anything about RER tickets.

Also I will be taking one day from my trip and will leave the Val d'Europe station and will be going into the city. I'll be using the RER trains multiple times that day, so is it possible to buy a 1 day train pass like I can in other cities I've visited?

Thanks a lot!

seraphelle

I don't have much information on this as I personally have not used it, however, my Dad and stepmum came with us this weekend and went into Paris on Sunday from Marne le Vallee train station and said it was very straight forward to purchase a ticket into Paris and then the relevant zone ticket for where they wanted to visit.

Additionally, the place I stayed was just before the Hotel L'Elysee and our reception staff said the trains were much more regular than the free shuttles to and from the parks - and I'm sure she said it was around 1.80 (euros) per adult ticket per journey (so 3.60 to do there and back). However, you could purchase a bunch of 10 tickets for 15 euros which worked out a bit cheaper.

But, if you time things just right you should be fine on the number 50 bus and they are free and take around 10 mins. Failing that, if you're really exhausted, get the Uber App on your phone, a much cheaper way to travel by taxi than the cabs that line up outside Disney Village for your custom. Just get them to collect you from the pick up area by Vapiano outside the entrance / exit down the right hand side of World of Disney than from the taxi drop off area by the train station as it cuts a few minutes (and euros) off your journey  ;)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

dxwwf3

Thank you so much for the reply. If I can get 10 tickets for 15 Euros, I think that will probably be better for me than dealing with the buses. In the research I've done for my trip, I don't think I've heard a single good thing about using the buses at DLP area hotels.

seraphelle

Quote from: dxwwf3 on February 22, 2017, 10:48:48 PM
Thank you so much for the reply. If I can get 10 tickets for 15 Euros, I think that will probably be better for me than dealing with the buses. In the research I've done for my trip, I don't think I've heard a single good thing about using the buses at DLP area hotels.

If you're staying in Val d'Europe area, they're not that bad. I find it's the ones for the Disney hotels themselves or the partner hotels such as Dream Castle / Magic Circus where the buses get packed and its a bit of a scramble to find a seat. I've stayed in Serris 3 times next to Val d'Europe and taken many number 50 buses, I think I've only ever stood twice. xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

dxwwf3

Quote from: seraphelle on February 23, 2017, 12:14:35 PM
Quote from: dxwwf3 on February 22, 2017, 10:48:48 PM

If you're staying in Val d'Europe area, they're not that bad. I find it's the ones for the Disney hotels themselves or the partner hotels such as Dream Castle / Magic Circus where the buses get packed and its a bit of a scramble to find a seat. I've stayed in Serris 3 times next to Val d'Europe and taken many number 50 buses, I think I've only ever stood twice. xx

I'm used to going to Walt Disney World, so standing on buses is not a big deal at all.  I was just worried about having to wait 30 minutes or more for them.  If they come pretty regularly, then maybe paying more for the RER isn't necessarily worth it.  I'll have to do try them both when I go to check it out.  Thanks again.