One day Trip

Started by Minty, January 26, 2017, 09:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minty

Hello,
Never been to Disney before, but going to France in July and stopping at Disney for ONE DAY - taking 9 and 11 year old. I know we won't do it justice in a day... but what should we focus on seeing/doing?
Thank you!

andya

I'd probably stick to Disneyland Park and make sure you use your fast passes wisely. Have a look around at whats on offer and plan your day as much as you can.

Take food (stopping off will just waste time) and enjoy!

rocker

Get the DLP App on your phone so you can keep an eye on queue times & if you see a short one, get yourself over there & take advantage!  Get to the park for opening & like andya says, use fast passes.  I believe you can get new passes as soon as your pass slot starts.  i.e. if you have 11-11.30 slot for Peter Pan, then you could go to Big Thunder Mountain at 11, get your passes for that & then go back to ride Peter Pan, that way you'll get an earlier slot for Big Thunder Mountain & squeeze in more fun!

If you are efficient with these, then you could squeeze in 4-5 passes in 1 day.  Personally, I'd use passes for
Peter Pan
Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz
Space Mountain (although this has a single rider queue so you go do it that way instead).

Also agree that there is so much to see & do in the main park, not worth doing Hollywood Studios if you've only got a day, plus, a one park ticket should be a few Euros cheaper than "Hopper" 2 park tickets.

Parade time is good for shorter queues if you're not too fussed about parades.  Parade time aside, 2-7pm is busiest so good time to do walk throughs like Robinson Tree, Alladin tales of Agrabah, Alice's Maze & Thunder Mesa Riverboat, Cinderella's castle, check out the shops on Main Street & have something to eat.

Pirates Of The Carribean & Small World have no fast pass, but very variable queue times so particularly worth keeping an eye on the app for these as a couple of hours in the day can be the difference between an hour long & a 10 minute queue for these two.

If you want to sit down & eat, as it's high season, worth booking in advance.  Book afternoon when rides are busiest so you can re-fuel & come out some more fun in the evening when queues will have shortened a bit.

Wear comfy shoes, you'll be covering a fair distance if you're trying to pack everything into a day.  To keep you energised through to dinner, take snacks & water bottles, which you can re-fill at fountains near many of the toilets.

Have fun... :-)