Hotel Upgrade??

Started by rocker, November 14, 2016, 03:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker

Just booked the Santa Fe for 4 days in Feb.  Room only with a dream pass £154 for me & my daughter (booked direct on the phone with them)... an absolute steal so extremely happy     :D

Just wondering, when anyone else has checked in at Disney hotels, have you ever been offered upgrades?  Not expecting anything free, but quite often in other hotels, if they have the availability in better rooms & suites, at check in, they'll try sell you a better room for not much more money. 

Anyone been offered a deal on a better class of hotel when checking in?  Or have you just come out & asked if they have anything better to possibly upgrade to??  If so, were the deals on offer good value & worth going for?

I imagine in February, there will be empty rooms about the place so it's a chance for them to get a few more Euros out of me if they offer me a suitably appealing deal...

MattR

I once asked for a paid upgrade declined the offer and got the better room for free.

bad-pink-tink

In February 2016 I got a free upgrade from Hotel New York to Disneyland Hotel. They just rang me about 3 weeks before my trip, when I had paid in full.  I didnt ask for it or make any special requests
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

MotherKnowsBest!

Yeah we were offered a free uparade from the Sequoia Lodge to the Disneyland Hotel upon check-in. Was amazing and couldn't believe our luckids.  Although I do think it is a ploy as once you've stayed in the Disneyland Hotel you get hooked lol!
March 2009  - Sequoia Lodge
November 2009 - DreamCastle
November 2010 -DreamCastle
November 2013 - DreamCastle
November 2014 - Disneyland Hotel
August 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
November 2015 - Disneyland Hotel
November 2016 - Newport Bay
November 2017 - Newport Bay

rocker

Well sadly I would say an upgrade from SF to DLH seems unlikely.    :-\

With them posting a loss of Euro850m or so this year, perhaps they need to start trying to upsell rooms a bit on check in.  As it seems like they are not going to offer it to me, then I guess I'll just have to ask on check in.