Half board plus - drinks

Started by NCIStony, November 11, 2016, 03:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCIStony

We have booked to go to DLP in February half term. It'll be the first time we've taken the children and we've booked a few treats this time - Sequoia Lodge (this will be my 10th trip and I've always wanted to stay there!), Wild West Show and half board plus. We're staying 4 nights. I've never done a meal plan before and I think it's really complicated! My kids (5 and 3) are very fussy eaters so I'm thinking they won't really like the plus restaurants. However, we've booked it now and I think they'll like the experience if not the food! I want to make the most of it since I've never eaten in the "posh" restaurants before and may not get the chance again. I'm planning on using the meal vouchers  in the following: sequoia lodge hotel, cafe mickey, chef remy and blue lagoon (if it's still open even though the ride will be shut). Looking at the menus I'm wondering if drinks are included though?? It looks like only at cafe remy? Hoping to save money by only really buying food for the kids at other times (I think me and OH should be ok with breakfast and pause gormand) but just wondering about drinks in the meal plan? Any advice welcomed!!!

stifle

If you use a meal plan voucher in the "correct" level restaurant, you get a free soft drink per guest. This would cove all four of the places you mentioned.

dlpowl

I notice that Cafe Mickey is on your list...I read somewhere that they are either removing or have already removed the characters from Cafe Mickey so if you were going for a character dining experience, just check, because the characters are definitely being taken out of there, I just can't remember when.

I'm pretty certain that Blue Lagoon will be closed whilst Pirates is being refurbished.  When you ring to make your restaurant reservations (I really recommend you do this a few weeks before your visit) they will be able to tell you exactly what is open and where the characters will be etc.

disneymummy2

Café Mickey no longer has characters from the 28th March, from this date, they will be in Plaza Gardens for breakfast instead.
Blue Lagoon should be open but ring up to double check :-)
By the way, if you can, try to upgrade to a Golden Forest room, it includes a small buffet in the afternoon and drinks until 10PM (soft drinks which are canned)..  😊
One drink is included