Val d'Europe joins bid for World Expo '25

Started by Rocketeer, October 18, 2016, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

From Disney&More..

QuoteVal d'Europe - the new city close to Disneyland Paris - has applied to host the global village of the 2025 World Expo ...if the Paris bid is successful.
The first of two lands offered is called the ZAC de la Motte, next to the aquatic center of Val d'Europe, both on the municipalities of Bailly-Romainvilliers and Serris. The second land is inside the ring road of Disneyland Paris, facing Magny-le-Hongre.

It's interesting to note that at the center of the global village will be a huge sphere of 127m in diameter ( see artwork ). As we know an Epcot park was envisioned for DLP a long tome ago before being cancelled, so if Val D'Europe and Paris host the 2025 Expo, considering that World Expos generally always show what the future will be made of, may be DLP will have a kind of "Epcot" close to the parks, even if it will be temporarily...

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Mtlchuck

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 18, 2016, 10:00:00 PM
From Disney&More..

QuoteVal d'Europe - the new city close to Disneyland Paris - has applied to host the global village of the 2025 World Expo ...if the Paris bid is successful.
The first of two lands offered is called the ZAC de la Motte, next to the aquatic center of Val d'Europe, both on the municipalities of Bailly-Romainvilliers and Serris. The second land is inside the ring road of Disneyland Paris, facing Magny-le-Hongre.

It's interesting to note that at the center of the global village will be a huge sphere of 127m in diameter ( see artwork ). As we know an Epcot park was envisioned for DLP a long tome ago before being cancelled, so if Val D'Europe and Paris host the 2025 Expo, considering that World Expos generally always show what the future will be made of, may be DLP will have a kind of "Epcot" close to the parks, even if it will be temporarily...

Ohhh, Disney could then take over the grounds and the existing infrastructure and update it into a park?!

Rocketeer

Hmm I suppose that is feasable. The land would be cleared and the additonal infrastructure would be in place. But... would they do it? Sadly I think it'd just end up like the EuroDisneyland preview centre.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyRon

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 19, 2016, 11:59:32 AM
Hmm I suppose that is feasable. The land would be cleared and the additonal infrastructure would be in place. But... would they do it? Sadly I think it'd just end up like the EuroDisneyland preview centre.

... well, Disneyland Paris could use an EPCOT like park.... And they'd have all the country pavilions just sitting there...
Add a little theming update and you're good to go. ;D

Rocketeer

DisneyRon

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 23, 2016, 04:58:57 PM
Here's an idea.....

Stark Expo '27.
;D

See my EPCOT comment, given how "modern" the architecture at World Expos tend to be, it shouldn't be too hard to theme the core into an Avengers style thing, and Tony is just the kind of ego to do such a thing too. :D