Damn you, Kyriad Hotel

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, October 23, 2016, 04:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyAteMyCap

It's October 2016 and there's still no way to book for next August.

Seriously: who doesn't book their holidays at least 10-12 months in advance?

This is extremely frustrating; there is no reason why booking shouldn't be open right now.

Andybear

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on October 23, 2016, 04:28:42 PM

This is extremely frustrating; there is no reason why booking shouldn't be open right now.

A lot of people.  In another DLP forum I go on some people book a week or two in advance, some a couple of months, some longer.  Everybody's different.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Andybear on October 23, 2016, 04:42:34 PM

A lot of people.  In another DLP forum I go on some people book a week or two in advance, some a couple of months, some longer.  Everybody's different.
I think most people book 10-12 months in advance though otherwise there may be no rooms left in the hotel you want to stay in. I've got an awful feeling that because Kyriad and other Disneyland official/unofficial hotels are taking so long to open booking there will be an almighty free-for-all once they start to let people book for Summer 2017. It is ridiculous that they are making people wait so long.

Andybear

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on October 23, 2016, 04:44:27 PM

I think most people book 10-12 months in advance though otherwise there may be no rooms left in the hotel you want to stay in. I've got an awful feeling that because Kyriad and other Disneyland official/unofficial hotels are taking so long to open booking there will be an almighty free-for-all once they start to let people book for Summer 2017. It is ridiculous that they are making people wait so long.

Very few people I know who go there, both on line and in real life, don't book so far in advance.  In particular people who stay out of peak season don't actually need to book so far in advance.  Having said that, I'm going late September next year and booked my trip in June of this year.  If it bothers you that much why don't you ring them and see what they say.  Another option might be to ring the Kyriad and book a room with them direct and buy your tickets separately from a ticket agency. 

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Andybear on October 23, 2016, 04:54:33 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on October 23, 2016, 04:44:27 PM

Very few people I know who go there, both on line and in real life, don't book so far in advance.  In particular people who stay out of peak season don't actually need to book so far in advance.  Having said that, I'm going late September next year and booked my trip in June of this year.  If it bothers you that much why don't you ring them and see what they say.  Another option might be to ring the Kyriad and book a room with them direct and buy your tickets separately from a ticket agency.
Problem is, then it'll be in euros rather than pounds. I'd like to be able to book in pounds now.

bad-pink-tink

I dont , not even for my  annual California trip. I usually book my transatlantic flight 6 months out and my California hotels 4 months out. The same with my last Disneyland Paris trip, I booked in September for a February trip, and the time before that booked in August for a Christmas trip.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Zee79

I book 10-12 months in advance, I then know how much I need by when otherwise other things get in the way of me putting money away for booking closer.

nathalie

And people make fun of me when I book things like this 3-6 months in advance.
I've never booked up to that much in advance.  Could be because it's the new summer season, and prices simply aren't known yet.

Slimy yet satisfying

Try booking.com they have Kyriad room only avail up to start Nov 2017.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

DutchBrit

I don't think I have planned ANY holiday more than 6 months before, and certainly have never booked anything until after that.  :)

Does booking far in advance really work out cheaper when compared to the special offers etc you get nearer the times? And you have to factor in stuff like currency changes: although I guess that has actually worked out pretty well for early UK bookers!

Andybear

Quote from: DutchBrit on October 23, 2016, 11:32:59 PM
I don't think I have planned ANY holiday more than 6 months before, and certainly have never booked anything until after that.  :)

Does booking far in advance really work out cheaper when compared to the special offers etc you get nearer the times? And you have to factor in stuff like currency changes: although I guess that has actually worked out pretty well for early UK bookers!

It does work out cheaper - at least it does for me.  I booked my trip for next September in June of this year,  I got  an early booker offer of stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free, paying 2016 prices and not 2017.  Also I don't have to pay for breakfast which anyone booking now has to if they want breakfast at the hotel.

DutchBrit

Quote from: Andybear on October 24, 2016, 09:19:54 AM
It does work out cheaper - at least it does for me.  I booked my trip for next September in June of this year,  I got  an early booker offer of stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free, paying 2016 prices and not 2017.  Also I don't have to pay for breakfast which anyone booking now has to if they want breakfast at the hotel.

But what if next year they have a 25% off (or better!) offer and free half board for September (like the one they are offering now)? I wonder if you'd really be paying less than someone who booked only a few weeks before. Is anyone going in the next couple of months who booked last year? Have you compared the price you paid then to what you would pay if you booked it right now?

seraphelle

I have my hotel stays booked for next year and will buy the flights when they are released / when I have the cash, but normally I wouldn't do this so far in advance.
With it being a big anniversary year, I thought I'd be better to get them set in stone early on. We have annual passes so not fussed about the ticket side of things and official / partner hotel stays.
I see what you're saying though, so I would ring the hotel, even if you just ask to make a booking and pay a deposit, then you can pay the rest another time.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Andybear

Quote from: DutchBrit on October 24, 2016, 09:45:32 AM

But what if next year they have a 25% off (or better!) offer and free half board for September (like the one they are offering now)? I wonder if you'd really be paying less than someone who booked only a few weeks before. Is anyone going in the next couple of months who booked last year? Have you compared the price you paid then to what you would pay if you booked it right now?

Since I travel solo the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free is the best option for me because sole occupancy of a room is extremely expensive.  On 2016 prices 4 nights in a Montana room at Sequoia Lodge in late September plus half board premium meal plan is costing me £828 and that's on the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free offer including breakfast - booking it so early meant I don't have to pay for breakfast.  With 25% off and free half board it would cost me nearly £1000 since room prices for next year are more expensive plus breakfast isn't included in the new prices.  So by booking so early with the offer I chose I'm saving about £170 than if I booked it later.   I also have to add on the Eurostar cost as well.

msRavenswood

Quote from: DutchBrit on October 24, 2016, 09:45:32 AM

I booked our September 2017 trip in August with the 2 nights free offer. We'll be staying at the Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Club for the first time and have added HB too. I will let you know tomorrow when the new offer is released if it has worked out cheaper with the offer we have booked (I believe it has).