The new brochure is out :-)

Started by Andybear, October 22, 2016, 02:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyAteMyCap

Weird conversation with DLP's online chat:

Disneyland® Paris: Hi! I'm a chat support advisor.
Disneyland® Paris: I will be happy to help guide you through our website to plan your Disneyland® Paris holiday. How can I assist you today?
You: Hello, can you tell me please if hotel room booking for next August opens Tuesday 25th October?
Maxwell: We hope to see our new brochure on the 25th, however I am not able to guarantee this.
You: What's the latest it's likely to be, only I have a mild case of autism and I can get easily frustrated if I am unable to plan something far in advance?
Maxwell: I would suggest checking back on the 25th to see if our new brochure has been released. I am not able to confirm dates.
Maxwell: Is there anything else I can assist you with on our website today?
You: The new brochure has already been released online though.
Maxwell: We here at Disneyland Paris have not released our new brochure, and it is not located on our website.
Maxwell: As advised above, I would suggest you check back on the 25th to see if our new brochure has been released.
You: Weird. I found it today: https://brochure.disneylandparis.com/A17/E/catalogue/index.html
Maxwell: That is not our website.
Maxwell: Again I would advise you to check back on the 25th.
Maxwell: Is there anything else I can assist you with on our website today?

So if that's really not their website, A: Whose is it?, B: Why does it link to DLP home page? and C: How have they got the brochure? If it is their site, why are they denying it? What are they trying to hide?

DisneyRon

Keep in mind that the Disney Travelcompany (which I believe the site is from) is owned by Disney, while Disneyland Paris is not technically owned by Disney (the majority ownership is with a holding company exploiting the park on their behalf).

So I imagine Disney got the brochure and immediately put it up, while the DLP itself hasn't formally released it yet. Hence the denial, just policy really.

Also, as a fellow Autistic Spectrum patient, I get your frustration, but this is fairly normal from a corporate point of view. Release dates are sacred, leakes are ignored until release. Just a few more days of waiting. :)

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: DisneyRon on October 23, 2016, 07:15:35 PM
Keep in mind that the Disney Travelcompany (which I believe the site is from) is owned by Disney, while Disneyland Paris is not technically owned by Disney (the majority ownership is with a holding company exploiting the park on their behalf).

So I imagine Disney got the brochure and immediately put it up, while the DLP itself hasn't formally released it yet. Hence the denial, just policy really.
Didn't Disney buy majority of the share in DLP recently though?

QuoteAlso, as a fellow Autistic Spectrum patient, I get your frustration, but this is fairly normal from a corporate point of view. Release dates are sacred, leakes are ignored until release. Just a few more days of waiting. :)
Nice to see someone else on the spectrum on here. I thought I was the only one.  :)

DisneyRon

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on October 23, 2016, 07:53:03 PM

I believe the holding company that owns Disneyland Hong Kong bought a majority share in DLP, not Disney themselves. Disney did lend DLP a lot of money recently though.

QuoteAlso, as a fellow Autistic Spectrum patient, I get your frustration, but this is fairly normal from a corporate point of view. Release dates are sacred, leakes are ignored until release. Just a few more days of waiting. :)
Nice to see someone else on the spectrum on here. I thought I was the only one.  :)

Lots of people are on the spectrum and do not realise, and those that have been diagnosed may not always be very open about it. Prejudice abounds after all.
I didn't even get diagnosed until late last year, and I'm 35. ;)

MrsRoachy

Quote from: norhel on October 22, 2016, 05:31:38 PM
Quote from: MrsRoachy on October 22, 2016, 04:50:02 PM
I see you can book buffalo bills in advance but that wasn't an option when I booked our next trip. It's also not available to book through the link on the buffalo bill page on the Disneyland Paris website. Does anyone know if I'll be able to add it by phone and if so what number as I can't imagine it being the usual reservations number? I originally booked the holiday online.

You can book it online here:
https://www.booktickets.disneylandparis.com/tnsa64/live/shop/A/MAINGBCD/pluto/index.php?&selected_tab_key=11&CNSACTION=DO_CHANGE_TAB&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

That's the one I've been looking at but it only goes up to March 2017, but thank you. I'll keep trying!

15stitch

aaaggghhhh!  I wasn't planning on going next year (going to WDW in April) but now I really, really want to! 

DS starts school in September so no more 'cheap' off-season stays for me  :(
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

norhel

Quote from: DisneyRon on October 23, 2016, 08:40:05 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on October 23, 2016, 07:53:03 PM

I believe the holding company that owns Disneyland Hong Kong bought a majority share in DLP, not Disney themselves. Disney did lend DLP a lot of money recently though.

Lots of people are on the spectrum and do not realise, and those that have been diagnosed may not always be very open about it. Prejudice abounds after all.
I didn't even get diagnosed until late last year, and I'm 35. ;)

The Walt Disney Company do in fact own Disneyland Paris with a stake of around 70% I believe it is. And 10% for Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal and the rest with the other small shareholders.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

norhel

And the Disney Travel Company is also owned by TWDC.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Andybear

Quote from: norhel on October 24, 2016, 06:11:52 PM
And the Disney Travel Company is also owned by TWDC.

That's the company I book with - they're really good.