Bonfire night

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, October 22, 2016, 11:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Although we've visited many times we've never gone for bonfire night how busy will it be?
We will be there for 5nights from 4-9th November hoping to see some Christmas bits going up to!

jj554

We have done Bonfire night week twice, it's a great time to go in my opinions as quite quiet in the parks so queues are all reasonable. Having said that, I can see you're going over a weekend and I have only ever done Mon-Fri but I'm sure it won't be heaving.The fireworks display over the lake is a good experience too, nice to grab a coffee from Starbucks in the village, wrap up warm and watch the show.

Xmas doesn't start until the 11th and both times we went we came home just a day or two before the Xmas season. I don't recall seeing any Christmas bits going up, which is to me the only downside of going at this time. So close to the start of Xmas and you just miss out! Having said that, you'll still have a wonderful time and I am actually waiting for the Bonfire week in 2017 to be released so I can book for it  :D 

Where are you staying this time?
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks for the useful information  :)

We're staying at the DLH this time we've stayed there once before and luckily found a great offer and staying there again!

I guess the weekend will be busier than usual but we have 6days so sure well fit every thing in! If your booking for 2017 for bonfire night and been before you must've enjoyed it  :D
I'm pregnant with my second child and won't be doing Disney (except 1 night for my 30th in July!) until probably end of next year when baby is around 7months old for the Christmas season so I shouldn't be gutted we'll just miss it by few days this year as will make up for it next!