baby switch

Started by TJBezz, October 10, 2016, 12:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJBezz

when using the baby switch, do you have to queue together with the babies then switch at the loading area or do we have to enter the ride from the back?

disneymagic006

Haven't actually done this yet but from what I've read one of you goes in the queue, other has the baby and cast member direct's to ride exit area to wait. When the person queueing comes off the ride, you switch and the person waiting goes straight on.

Also read that if it's a ride only one of kids can go on you can do the same but when you switch the older child can go back on for a second turn.

We are going to do baby switch for the first time when we go next year. Fingers crossed it is straightforward.

Would be useful if someone who has used this service could explain for each ride where they waited, how it worked etc.....
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

dlpowl

Baby switch is very simple to use.  It works slightly differently on different rides as in where you wait and enter etc but no, you don't queue together with your little ones.

At the entrance to every ride there is a cast member so all you have to do is go to them (all together as a family), say you want to do baby switch and they will tell you where to stand and wait etc and how you swap, then one of you goes to join the queue and the other parent follows the instructions given by the cast member.  Honestly, the cast members are very efficient and they do this hundreds of times a day so it all runs smoothly.

It's worth remembering that you can use fastpass AND baby switch so still get fastpass tickets where you can, you'll probably need one each as normal, but what it means is that the first parent, who is doing the queue, will only have to do the fastpass queue so you'll both get on much quicker.

If you're taking a child on with you (whilst the other parent is waiting with a non-riding child) then when you do baby switch, the riding child can go on the ride again with the second parent, so they get 2 goes!   Hope that helps, have a great time!

TJBezz

Thank you thats extremely helpful  ;D

haribosmum

Something I didn't realise is that for the rides that give you a baby switch pass, you don't necessarily have to go straight on the ride.  My little one was causing a fuss when it was my turn to ride Crush's Coaster so I left it and then later that day remembered I had the ticket and that was fine to use then.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

disneymagic006

Quote from: haribosmum on October 11, 2016, 10:51:10 AM
Something I didn't realise is that for the rides that give you a baby switch pass, you don't necessarily have to go straight on the ride.  My little one was causing a fuss when it was my turn to ride Crush's Coaster so I left it and then later that day remembered I had the ticket and that was fine to use then.

Do they give you a ticket then to say you are doing baby switch?  Which rides does this apply to?
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

haribosmum

We had a ticket given to us on Crush and Rock n roller coaster from memory and I think space mountain though it's easy to stand at the exit for that one.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Sugaroo_

Hi all! One more question. On our next trip we will be 4 adults and a 16 month old. I assume that the 2 adults will queue up normally while the other 2 go to the baby switch area. Then when the first 2 get off the other 2 can go on together? I hope that made sense  :-\ 
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

NCC1701Q

I'm not sure if it works that way. My experience is that a baby needs one "carer" - so I'm not sure if the Cast Members will accept two carers. But the answer is just one question away when you're there :)

haribosmum

That should be fine as the baby switch is normally a ticket for 2 people.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20