Help! Not sure whether to book now or hold out.

Started by ChipandDale99, September 25, 2016, 12:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChipandDale99

We normally book for February half term under a half board and 25/30% off offer. However at the moment with 2 extra night free it will cost £980 for 3 in HNY. Then adding half board brings it to a total of £1320 ish, this seems quite good as we were expect to pay £1200 with half board offer.
My problem is I read somewhere that in October prices will be changed quite a bit. I'm worried they will all shoot up. What do you all think?

msRavenswood

We've always booked with the free HB plus discount offer, but this year, because of the rumours, we booked our September 2017 trip last month with the 2 nights free offer and added half board. If you can, I say go for it because you can't be sure if the prices will stay the same. By the way, we booked through The Walt Disney Travel Company and paid a deposit, with the balance due 2 months before our trip.

ChipandDale99

Thank you for your reply. We were about to book. It all the prices shot up. It now says only 1 night free. I'm hoping it's just broken for the day otherwise we will hold out  :(

msRavenswood

ChipandDale99

Update. It was a website blip prices back down.

We are going for 4 nights 5 days

Andybear

Quote from: msRavenswood on September 25, 2016, 02:28:57 PM
We've always booked with the free HB plus discount offer, but this year, because of the rumours, we booked our September 2017 trip last month with the 2 nights free offer and added half board. If you can, I say go for it because you can't be sure if the prices will stay the same. By the way, we booked through The Walt Disney Travel Company and paid a deposit, with the balance due 2 months before our trip.

I've done exactly the same as you, including using the same company!  Gong the same month, same offer, same dining plan. The only difference is I booked mine in June!  I always book through the WDTC and will be booking through them for a trip to WDW in 2018.

msRavenswood

Quote from: Andybear on September 25, 2016, 10:18:09 PM

I've done exactly the same as you, including using the same company!  Gong the same month, same offer, same dining plan. The only difference is I booked mine in June!  I always book through the WDTC and will be booking through them for a trip to WDW in 2018.

It's the first time we booked through the WDTC and found it very convenient with the deposit option. Plus, they don't charge a handling fee. When in September are you going? We're there 10 - 15 September and we'll be staying at SL GFC.

ChipandDale99

Thanks msRavenswood for your help. We actually booked through WDTC in the end as the dlp website went up again. WDTC was actually £100 cheaper anyway. We didn't get food in the end as we weren't sure it would be massive savings.  Can't wait!!!! Thank you

msRavenswood

Glad I could help! I hope you have the most wonderful time!

Andybear

Quote from: msRavenswood on September 26, 2016, 07:26:43 AM
Quote from: Andybear on September 25, 2016, 10:18:09 PM

It's the first time we booked through the WDTC and found it very convenient with the deposit option. Plus, they don't charge a handling fee. When in September are you going? We're there 10 - 15 September and we'll be staying at SL GFC.

They're really good plus you receive transport information in a dinky little box in the post :-)  I'm going 25th to 29th, staying in SL Montana Room.  That's the plan anyway.  I booked a Montana room for my last visit 2 years ago but when I checked in they didn't have any left!  Since I'd booked nearly a year in advance I wasn't happy.  I ended up staying in one of the lodges but was given a VIP Fastpass for the whole of my stay as compensation :- )

ChipandDale99

That sounds like good compensation.  ;)
I like the SL and the atmosphere in it. But this time we went NY because just that little less walking.