Favourite Hotels

Started by Disney Magic, August 30, 2016, 08:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Well I've only stayed at the Newport (the other time was the Radisson).

I'm going back to '05 so the NPBC was well in need to TLC then. I did have a look at the rest of the lake front hotels, and well...

Disneyland Hotel. Nice enough. I doubt I'd stay there though.
Hotel New York. The stylised theme might be showing its age. It seems very '90s.
Sequoia. Pleasant enough, but not as big of a wow as its US counterpart The Wilderness Lodge. Although if I'd go again, I'd probably stay there.
Newport. Fine I guess. Looks much better now after its renovations.

Santa Fe/Cheyenne. Less said the better. (Judgement made only on pictures).

Am I being too harsh to all of them?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

samuelvictor

Quote from: Rocketeer on September 06, 2016, 08:15:14 PM

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions, and everyone will have a base level of design, features and service that they expect or are used to.

I would say though that I've stayed at the Santa Fe and Cheyenne multiple times, and all our family (me, wife, two teens) loved them. Sure, they weren't 5 star luxury, but they were clean, comfortable, had cool themed designs (cowboy town and American style drive-in movie theatre) and the staff were really great. The fact both hotels are split into multiple buildings means that despite them being the highest capacity hotels there is not really any issues with noise, security, safety etc as really the hotels are split into 20 or so buildings. We felt like we got good value for money, and were happy to spend the considerable euros we saved on more souveniers!

Honestly, we tend to spend at least 8am to 10pm in the parks, so as long as there is a comfortable bed and a good bath/shower, I wouldn't notice the fine details of the hotels much ;) Although, we did stay at the Santa Fe both before and after the renovation, and it was significantly improved. Much nicer theming and decorations. The recent resign of the Cheyenne looks nice too :)

mickey1980

If these hotels were room only. I would rate them very basic (maybe even poor) for the price you pay. Cheyenne costs around €200 (room only - so no admission to the parks is included).
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

polar vixen

? we're stanDing ay Santa fe tHus holiday.  worked out.  700 Igor 4 rights but that incIudes dining plan and park tickets which I think is amazing and in September. 

Slimy yet satisfying

Nothing wrong with SF. Have stayed several times and if all you want is somewhere to sleep then why would you pay £100's extra for amenities you wont use. Heck we use the Kyriad plenty too! We use the price difference for treats, character dining and gifts and feel we have enjoyed our time on resort much more as a result. We were still spending so much on accomodation that we ended up buying in the area so now only use the hotels if there is a special late night planned and we dont want to drive home that night...still would go for the cheaper option tho'! Never really enjoyed the pink one...too girly and full of people who think that they're better than anyone else...nope, your children are still horrible and you are loud and obnoxious! Sorry, my bad 😶
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Slimy yet satisfying

I'm not sure where your €200 pricing has come from tho'? I am staying at the Cheyenne for the first time in Feb (hubby working so no driver) with my son and his wee pal. Room booked for 5 nights, 1 adult so ticket included for pal (we have passes) no room tax to pay as extra guests are children. Total cost £291.  I'd sleep on a bed of nails for 5 nights 3 people b&b at Disney for that price!!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

sunshine1

Quote from: Rocketeer on September 06, 2016, 08:15:14 PM
Well I've only stayed at the Newport (the other time was the Radisson).

I'm going back to '05 so the NPBC was well in need to TLC then. I did have a look at the rest of the lake front hotels, and well...

Disneyland Hotel. Nice enough. I doubt I'd stay there though.
Hotel New York. The stylised theme might be showing its age. It seems very '90s.
Sequoia. Pleasant enough, but not as big of a wow as its US counterpart The Wilderness Lodge. Although if I'd go again, I'd probably stay there.
Newport. Fine I guess. Looks much better now after its renovations.

Santa Fe/Cheyenne. Less said the better. (Judgement made only on pictures).

nope.

i stayed at the Cheyenne a month after staying at Newport. I wanted to kill myself!

mickey1980

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on September 08, 2016, 09:20:56 AM
I'm not sure where your €200 pricing has come from tho'? I am staying at the Cheyenne for the first time in Feb (hubby working so no driver) with my son and his wee pal. Room booked for 5 nights, 1 adult so ticket included for pal (we have passes) no room tax to pay as extra guests are children. Total cost £291.  I'd sleep on a bed of nails for 5 nights 3 people b&b at Disney for that price!!

Februari is low season. If you would book now for October the price is €206 p/n.
Which imo is pretty poor for just a room and the kind of breakfast they serve over there.

But then again. Who books rooms only? ::) Most people book the package deal, which most of the time is pretty good value.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

CitrusZing

Sequoia Lodge is our favourite hotel at DLP. I love the woodland theming and the birdsong that plays in the public areas. The staff are friendly and the staff at the Golden Forest reception were great. The breakfast in the Golden Forest Lounge is nice and relaxed, with no mad queues or having to book a time slot. The afternoon snacks are nice too. It also helps in the fact that I really like Sequoia trees. The only downside is getting my boyfriend's wheelchair over the bridge to the hotel and the fact the walk to/from the parks is quite tiring for me pushing the wheelchair.

I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel - it was nicely decorated and I liked the smell (I ended up buying the candle). The breakfast was very good. I didn't feel the general hotel staff customer service was that great. I've been kept waiting at reception a couple of times with no staff to be seen, and been kept waiting in the shop for ages too with no apology. I had emailed the hotel before hand explaining that we were celebrating two birthdays whilst we were there but nothing was remarked on about it. The restaurant staff are better than the others and I would say that California Grill is great though.

I liked Cheyenne. I liked the theming, the style of the room blocks and the wood smoke smell outside. If I had to book one of the cheaper on-site Disney hotels (if I was on a DLP trip without my boyfriend) then I'd book this over the Santa Fe. Breakfast isn't great but could be worse. The new refurbished Texas rooms look good.

Santa Fe - the look of this has improved since they tarted up the outside of the room blocks. If you don't want stairs to your room, avoid the Santa Fe. Breakfast was busy and not great, but I've had worse in other places. The birds in the bar amused me.

We are planning on staying at the New York in March 2017, so I will see what that is like. I'm hoping to stay at New Port Bay in the future so I'll have stayed at all the Disney on-site hotels then (with the exception of Davy Crockett, as we don't drive).
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

15stitch

For years I stayed at HNY and I have many fond memories of this hotel.

I stayed in NPB earlier this year and I absolutely loved it.

I've just booked Sequoia Lodge for December as I've never stayed there and I wanted to try it (plus it is supposed to be stunning at Christmas).

Probably my best ever trip as staying at Cheyenne.  I went with my best friend just for a night and we laughed the whole time. 

To be honest I love them all!
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Andybear

Quote from: 15stitch on September 21, 2016, 04:23:58 PM
For years I stayed at HNY and I have many fond memories of this hotel.

I stayed in NPB earlier this year and I absolutely loved it.

I've just booked Sequoia Lodge for December as I've never stayed there and I wanted to try it (plus it is supposed to be stunning at Christmas).

Probably my best ever trip as staying at Cheyenne.  I went with my best friend just for a night and we laughed - I the whole time. 

To be honest I love them all!

I spent a few days at Sequoia Lodge in early December several years ago and it was amazing - if one hotel calls for Christmas decs then this is it.  In fact it's the only hotel I stay at in DLP - I love it so much I'm not interested in staying anywhere else.

TJBezz

stigglad

Been in Cheyenne, but tend to stay in Santa Fe mostly. Reason being aslong as i've got some where to sleep and keep my stuff secure then thats good enough for me. On the plus side the cost difference puts more money in my pocket for my kids to spend more. Will eventually stay at Newport, as it looks beautiful in my opinion and one im tempted to try. 
Disneyland Paris is a beautiful place, a dream,
somewhere where you act like a child again and
forget about whats going on for a while.....

samuelvictor

I recently stayed in the Magic Circus Hotel for the first time ever and was very surprised by how nice the room was. I was in a double room (no bunk beds etc, just a double bed) and the room was huge with loads of space, furniture, storage etc. It was actually probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in...  ;D Trip report with pictures here: https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=21440.0