Newbie and just booked

Started by Jadey, August 16, 2016, 09:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jadey

Hi everyone I don't know whether I'm doing this write so please be nice :) 

Just booked with magic breaks a whole package (Disney tickets and hotel and euro tunnel)   for may 2017 for five nights  looking forward to it, our first time at Disney.  Kids will be 7/4/2
We booked in to Davy crockett ranch in a trapper cabin form the reviews it looks great however it's only got a hot plate and microwave so cooking is going to be limited and my two youngest are quite fussy :(

Where is the best to eat? And value for money  And what would u suggest food wise we got no food package and does anyone know how far away a local supermarket is? 

rocker

Val d'Europe has a huge shopping centre & in there on the lower level is the Auchanne hypermarket.  Probably the size of two football pitches so you'll get whatever you need there.  Never done it by car, but the shopping centre is walkable from the parks so very close  :)

Sugaroo_

Hi Jadey! I've always found Plaza Gardens on Main Steet to be good value for money as it's an all-you-can-eat buffet with a great selection of food. I'm sure your children will find something they like there? Also there are plenty of places in the parks to get pizza/burgers/hot dogs, most kids agree with those. I'm not well versed with the restaurants in Disney Village, but a lot of people on the forum say great things about Rainforest Cafe & Annette's. All in all I wouldn't worry about finding a place to eat. If all else fails there's always good ol' McDonald's!

If you'd like to be more prepared look up the restaurant menus so you have a rough idea of where to go.   

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/  :D
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Jadey

Thank both ill have a look in to that website , do u know whether McDonalds is roughly same price there or is it dearer x

stormflm595

McDonald's is pretty much the same price we pay over here, considering the difference in exchange rates. I think it's around 5 euros for a McChicken Sandwich meal for example, maybe even less! I also find their McDonald's food a lot nicer than ours, particularly the chicken.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Nicola

OK Here are some of my saving tips, my amazing cousin gave me these before we went the first time and I have never done it any differently even when we have booked food packages I still take milk tea and coffee with me and its always been great. If you are driving take a shop with you is my first thing to say.. The parks are expensive and even McDonalds can be more expensive than you'd expect elsewhere. Take long life milk with you the green tall cartons in Tesco are semi there is a slight difference in taste but nothing hideous. That way you only have to chill the carton that is open. I've never stayed in the ranch, but I assume you have dishes in the ranch but in the hotel room we took our own plastic bowls and spoons and clearly cereal so we could feed the children if they where hungry before breakfast opened. You can also takes crisps and snacks for the parks with you. Could you pack meats etc in a cool box until you get there? Although I understand the need to eat fresh and buy when you arrive I personally wouldn't want to loose park time so I would just pack as much as you can in advance. Long life milk and bread etc. I hope that helps. Good luck!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

polar vixen

the shop on site at Davy cricket isn't to badly priced.  wet didn't want to lose our park time bY Hong back to tge cabin to cook tea although one night we did have a bbq (took a disposable one with id's and a pack of marshmallows then bought meat from the shop on site. ....it's no more expensive than a haven our centre parcs shop and good quality.   big baguettes from the shop are only about 1.90. if you get a meal plan you ferry breakfast includes but otherwise you don't.  since you're driving anyway id just travel with cereal longitude milk drinks crisps etc.  Davy cricket is our favourite place to stay.  enjoy!