ideas on where to stay over night before getting the eurotunnel

Started by JAYNEYJAY, June 13, 2016, 09:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAYNEYJAY

Hi this will be a first visit for  us and first time driving to france too we are planning on going via eurotunnel and will be travelling from south wales which is about a 3 and  a half 4 hour drive so plan on arriving in ashford early evening for a over night stay /meal  before getting the tunnel the next day .

Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay please we have looked at the premier inn and travel lodge in eureka park ??? has anyone stayed in theses before please ???  How close are these to the tunnel please ??

One more question too how long before your trip on the eurotunnel do you need to check in please 

Many thanks xx

onceuponadream

Do you mean Eurostar or the Shuttle? 'Eurotunnel' is generally taken to be the Shuttle, but from Ashford I would assume you mean Eurostar. If you could confirm that would help us out in advising!

December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

JAYNEYJAY

Sorry I mean the shuttle  ...taking the car over and looking for an overnight stya the night before with a family of 5  many thanks 

dlpowl

Yes you get on the Eurotunnel at Folkestone and the Ashford Travelodge is the nearest travelodge.  That's where we stay. 

Zee79

It depends on how far you want to stay away from the tunnel. We've use holiday inn which was fab & 5 mins drive but costs a bit now. We've stayed at Travelodges in Ashford closer, Canterbury Dunkirk or Canterbury Whitstable cheaper than Ashford but about a 40 min drive to the tunnel.

onceuponadream

We stay at the Folkestone Holiday Inn Express every time and have found it's perfect - it's literally just by the tunnel and is incredibly cheap for a very comfortable night's stay. If you book early enough in advance a double room is just over £60. Would definitely recommend.
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

Askew80

Hi, we've driven over twice and travelled down fro. Yorkshire.  first time stopped in travel lodge close by and did McDonald's breakfast and early train over then drive to Disney. Looking at getting.thier dinner time ish.

Second time we decided to go do most of trip night before. And then stop in f1 hotel just outside Paris about 20 mins away from Disney.  Found this to be look loads better as had nearly full day in Disney on first day rather than an other wasted journey in car

Also meant kids weren't as tired and morngy from being cramped in car for.2 long journeys! (also load cheaper as only like 18 a night per room compared to 50 this side

MrsRoachy

Quote from: Askew80 on June 20, 2016, 12:31:45 AM

Second time we decided to go do most of trip night before. And then stop in f1 hotel just outside Paris about 20 mins away from Disney.  Found this to be look loads better as had nearly full day in Disney on first day rather than an other wasted journey in car

Also meant kids weren't as tired and morngy from being cramped in car for.2 long journeys! (also load cheaper as only like 18 a night per room compared to 50 this side

I'd never thought about this idea! Can you get your park tickets early without checking in to the hotel? Don't want to get to the hotel early and then not be able to do anything

dlpowl

Quote from: Askew80 on June 20, 2016, 12:31:45 AM
Hi, we've driven over twice and travelled down fro. Yorkshire.  first time stopped in travel lodge close by and did McDonald's breakfast and early train over then drive to Disney. Looking at getting.thier dinner time ish.

What a fantastic idea!  Wish I'd thought about this before we'd booked and paid for our Travelodge!   :'(

Askew80

Hi, we checked out of the f1 hotel at about 7 in morning and had breakfast in car on way to Disney (we took the panachocolate rolls you can get. - Kids where way to excited to eat.

We then made way over to davey crocket ranch where we checked.in.  We were given the full pack of tickets and explained room to available until afternoon.  We then headed to parks.  As we had booked for the horse show (can't remember what it was called) we went back in afternoon to get room key and then put stuff in room.  That was only downside to davey crocket is no where to leave cases so had to stay in car.  My understanding is that can pick your pack of tickets up and time after midnight on day due to check in (so could pop out for them late at night and Nit have ti go in morming for example).

We certainly.found this to be the better way, as kids weren't kept in car for the 5 hours down to Folkestone then out if car over night stay then up early for an other 3/4 hours. 

Also as we're 6 of us meant a lot cheaper.  Kids also found the f1 hotel an adventure as well!

jkhighlander

dlpowl

We've booked to stay at the one in Meaux.  There's lots of restaurants near by such as Pizza Hut etc so we plan on eating there on the evening we arrive.

Askew80

We stopped at OTELF1 PARIS PORTE DE MONTREUIL, quite a few local places to eat.  We went to kfc which was great as they had the screens you could order off as staff didn't seem to speak much English lol

Samninetysix

Absolutely, get the other side before stopping. There are hundreds of Campanile/Kyriad etc. Rooms are generally pretty good, most have restaurants and the buffet breakfast is more than adequate and will set you up for your first day in DLP

snowwy

I had originally booked explorers for the night before, we need beds for 6 so options are limited without costs getting too big for two rooms. I then saw someone mention getting a room only booking at disney hotel for the night before so I called disney and they offered me room only at davey crocket for the same price £99 (minus the breakfast) which is no biggy so its worth calling to ask.