HALF BOARD PLUS

Started by seasider53, August 04, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasider53

Evening, we are looking to go to DLP next May for our Daughters 30th.  With us will be her 3 year old.

My worry is that the 1/2 board plus may be to much.  We usually have a good breakfast then eat in the evening.

I've been quoted 28 euros per adult per day and 13 per day for the little one.

It just seems a bit expensive. Other than Daughters birthday we would be happy in the  diners/rainforest café ect.

Any advice appreciated.  Thankyou

Zee79

Half-board plus is just the level of restaurants you can eat at, its not the  amount of food you get.

seasider53

Hi Zee79, I understand that, my concern is that we may not get value for money. 

I think we would be eating in the diners ect, not in the likes of Inventions or Auberge de Cendrillon

Sorry if I am asking a silly question.  This will be our 1st time at DLP.

ChipandDale99

Hi seasider. DLP can be very expensive for food. Rainforest cafe for us is always more than €28. The half board plus won't actually cover inventions or auberge de cendrillon. Just take €28 off the €45+ it costs. The half board plus will cover Annette's diner though. Really the choice is between having a meal (at table, order from waiter etc) or counter service. If you feel just a burger and chips like McDonald's will suit you (an expensive mcds) then don't use half board.

What I'm trying to say is the half board (dependant on the hotel) is more intended for; plaza gardens, hotel buffets, Annette's diner etc. So have a look at those and see if you like the look of them. If you do then half board might be worth the money.

Hope that helps. And enjoy your trip 😊

Zee79

Cafe mickey is a nice place to eat & character meal covered by plus. I think you do often get value for money in Annettes & the buffets if you don't want to do counter service/McDonald's for both meals. They often cover all tastes. To pay separately on our last trip last week it would be been over €100 a night for us a family of 4 on the standard plan so worked out value for us. You need to take a look at the menus available to truely make your mind up.

polar vixen

yeah unless you're going for bigger and chips every night (still about 17 euros) your next best option id's the buffets.  we always did a big breadbasket then a buffet later I  the day.  buffets are upwards of 27 euros for the cheapest.  don't forget your voucher will also include a drink with meal art most places and a tea time treat and drink during the days which if paying for would cost 5.50 alone.  plus vouchers also include bistrot chez remy which is a lovely restaurant covered by a plus voucher when the meal cake is actually 40 Euro! !