January 2017

Started by EmmaH, July 11, 2016, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

Hello all,

This is a bit of a crystal ball question but we are planning our annual trip to DLP which we take in January. Every year for the past 4 years Casey Jr, Storybook and Autopia have all been closed except for this year - we went 16 Jan for 4 days usually we go last week of January.

So my understanding was that those rides were shut during the winter and it was so amazing to be able to ride them.

As we are planning for January next year our choices are to book the last week of January/early Feb which potentially means we catch the reopening of BTM if it opens on time or we go mid Jan but would we have those three rides to ride?

I'm taking a guess that those three rides were open as Peter Pan, BTM were closed.

If we go end of January then POTC, Star Tours and SM will be closed so what is the liklihood of the three being open to make up the number of rides open?

Are those three always shut in winter - was this year an exception does anyone know?

Just to add that we are going with friends for whom it will be their first time and we want to ensure the trip is as wonderful as possible for them.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Emma
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

rebecca20

If I am not mistaken it's more the weather conditions rather than time of year that means those are closed... I could be wrong but Storybook is definitely often closed because of this in the Summer months too!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: rebecca20 on July 11, 2016, 08:48:30 PM
If I am not mistaken it's more the weather conditions rather than time of year that means those are closed... I could be wrong but Storybook is definitely often closed because of this in the Summer months too!

Yes we've found its usually weather they tend to close these, we have been at some times in February and they've been open one day closed the next because of guests slipping when wet/icy the cast members said.

EmmaH

It was so cold when we went in Jan going down to -5 during the day. The storybook ride had icicles throughout the ride and getting on and off was really slippery. But the ride was so wonderful as was the train. The song makes me smile!

Autopia was also a huge favourite. It would be great if these rises were open.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Sugaroo_

As for now the Storybook Land rides aren't listed in the closures section of the official site. So they should be open. But as others have said they are subject to closure based on weather conditions. So fingers crossed! We will be going the same time as you :D Middle or end of January. Since we're on the subject of January 2017, does anyone know when exactly POTC and SM will close in January?
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Shirley

I read on here that PTOC will be closed from Jan 9th we go from the 2nd to the 7th so very excited to get on it before it closes. Not sure about SM