Pirates of the Caribbean 2017 refurbishment (EEP)

Started by msRavenswood, July 28, 2016, 08:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

Quote from: Beatles on February 07, 2017, 04:06:58 PM
No!!  We went 5 years ago and it was closed then, going again next Month and will be missing it again  :'(

Sorry you will be missing it again. However, it's been known since forever that it would be closed for a very long tome.

PMF

Quote from: Mtlchuck on February 05, 2017, 05:47:15 PM
Quote from: Rocketeer on November 20, 2016, 07:25:23 PM
This is a little OT, but I think this can be of some relavence.

I've posted this in the World subforum, but.... if this is the kind of detail in AA that Glendale can do now, what can they do with the Duelling Pirates?

And, the Anna and Elsa AAs in Frozen Ever After are the first electronic ones (not hydraulic) so the times they are a changin'

What can they do with the dueling pirates? I sadly believe they will be replaced by Jack Sparrow - They probably don't have the time or money to replace them with highly advanced and reliable AA's, and since the Jack Sparrow figures have already been developed, I have no doubt one of them will take a position in their former spot :(.
Well, If they are going to do the same as in the American versions The Jack figure will be in the barrel behind the pooped pirate. I don't think they would remove such an iconic element from the Paris POTC then again I never thought they would touch Tower of Terror. Personally, I find it really sad that the last version of the Pirates Ride to be spared from the commercialization that the others have all suffered will now be commercialized as well. Also( assuming there are 3 Sparrow AA's as in America and Tokyo) how are they going to add the Jack Treasure Room Scene due to the reversed structure of the DLP Version.

msRavenswood

Quote from: PMF on February 15, 2017, 08:01:36 AM

I've posted this in the World subforum, but.... if this is the kind of detail in AA that Glendale can do now, what can they do with the Duelling Pirates?

And, the Anna and Elsa AAs in Frozen Ever After are the first electronic ones (not hydraulic) so the times they are a changin'

What can they do with the dueling pirates? I sadly believe they will be replaced by Jack Sparrow - They probably don't have the time or money to replace them with highly advanced and reliable AA's, and since the Jack Sparrow figures have already been developed, I have no doubt one of them will take a position in their former spot :(.
Well, If they are going to do the same as in the American versions The Jack figure will be in the barrel behind the pooped pirate. I don't think they would remove such an iconic element from the Paris POTC then again I never thought they would touch Tower of Terror. Personally, I find it really sad that the last version of the Pirates Ride to be spared from the commercialization that the others have all suffered will now be commercialized as well. Also( assuming there are 3 Sparrow AA's as in America and Tokyo) how are they going to add the Jack Treasure Room Scene due to the reversed structure of the DLP Version.

Not happy with whole Jack and Co. thing either... As for the treasure room, perhaps they could do a reverse version of the Shanghai effect where Jack from human becomes a skeleton.

PMF

Quote from: msRavenswood on February 15, 2017, 08:09:53 AM
Quote from: PMF on February 15, 2017, 08:01:36 AM

Not happy with whole Jack and Co. thing either... As for the treasure room, perhaps they could do a reverse version of the Shanghai effect where Jack from human becomes a skeleton.
That would undermine the tone and message of the Grotto sequence.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: tubbsy on January 26, 2017, 08:12:03 PM
FYI - I have just rung to book in August.
CM mentioned POTC being down.
I said I thought it was going to be up and running again by mid July.
She said there is talk it could be down for the year!

Slightly ::) as family wanted to eat in Blue Lagoon!  :'(
I doubt they would have it closed for the entire 25th year. That wouldn't make any sense.

Andybear

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 11, 2017, 02:23:32 PM
Quote from: tubbsy on January 26, 2017, 08:12:03 PM
FYI - I have just rung to book in August.
CM mentioned POTC being down.
I said I thought it was going to be up and running again by mid July.
She said there is talk it could be down for the year!

Slightly ::) as family wanted to eat in Blue Lagoon!  :'(
I doubt they would have it closed for the entire 25th year. That wouldn't make any sense.

There might be problems with the refurb, things can go wrong very easily - having worked in a refurb/building environment I know this from experience.  So it not making sense being shut for the entire 25th year doesn't, well make sense! 

claire2281

The usually reliable ED92 said on Twitter today that it is due to reopen on July 14th as things currently stand.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

tubbsy

Oh My! Claps hands excitedly - Puts Blue Lagoon back on our dining options  ;)
Yes I know we are concerned about the refurb, but I cant wait to see it.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tigger1974

"Not happy with whole Jack and Co. thing either..." quote from msRavenswood on February 15 2017 08:09:53 am
Do people remember when the first film was released it said something along the lines of inspired by the beloved Disneyland attraction?  Well the beloved attraction no longer exists!  PotC was one of the last things overseen by Walt Disney personally and I think it is so sad that his original vision no longer exists.
The other sad thing is that a lot of people did not want the inclusion of Jack Sparrow into the ride but no one listened.
If PotC is open again when I visit in October I will ride it out of curiosity but I suspect it could be the last time.
I do understand that an awful lot of people are happy about the inclusion but as I said the film was meant to be based on the ride and the ride has, sadly,  ceased to be  :'(

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Rocketeer

The original attraction turns 50 today.

Just a lil' random fact for you all. :)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

tubbsy

Well, Happy Birthday POTC for yesterday!
I will still love you, even with plastic surgery!!

Having ridden the WDW renovation., it was OK, even with the new additions, but do you know what I missed? The drops. I love "Our" drops. You certainly don't get the thrill of that drop in WDW. We came off going, "yep, theming was cool. Can see why they did it as not everyone knows the original ride. In fact, we are probably in the minority. And most people, having seen the films, will wonder what this ride is actually about. But POTC DLP drops are WAY better."
I understand why people are fed up with the renovation, but I see why it was done too.
(BTW -DLP BTM? Way better than WDW BTM too ;) )

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

dxwwf3

DLP just put up hours for July 1st on their calendar and Pirates of the Caribbean does NOT show up as being closed on refurbishment on that day. I wonder if the original July 1st date is back on track for the targeted reopening date?

dxwwf3

Unfortunately they have added POTC to the list of closed attractions in July.  The calendar only goes up to July 3rd right now, but they have put it back on the list.

disneymagic006

Super fingers crossed that it is back open asap. Anxiously waiting the closures list for 27th July onwards.

Pirates is our no.1 family favourite
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

mickey1980

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on April 06, 2017, 03:21:24 PM
Let's get Cinemagique back too:
https://www.change.org/p/disneyland-paris-save-cinemagique-from-disneyland-paris-closure

You're spamming (again). This discussion is about POTC not Cinemagique closing.

OT: Tony Baxter hinted in recent interviews that they are adding some really amazing effects. Fingers crossed for some projection or pepper-ghost effects.  :o Although seeing the ride in full operation condition is spectacular enough.

Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018