Did DLH increased its prices for accommodation?

Started by pasxalis1987, July 21, 2016, 02:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasxalis1987

Hi guys

I remember for the past 2 (or 3) years DLH rates where at 620 EUROS per night. Now the cheapest that i can get is 758 EUROS for a night.
What gives?!?!?!?!?!

For the last 3 years i was getting a quotation for 1350 EUROS in December for 4 nights but now i get a quotation for 1492. That's more than 100 EUROS.

Again, what gives?!?!?!?!?!

Sugaroo_

Hello Pasxalis,

When comparing previous years are you looking at the same dates/period? December is one of the most expensive periods at DLP, due to the Christmas season of course.

The following link is from www.dlpguide.com for December 2015. The color of the bar underneath each day indicates how cheap or expensive that day is (it ranges from super value to peak - use the color key at the bottom). You can use it as an indication for 2016 dates.

http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/monthly-park-hours/2015/12/

Of course there are no super value days in December, the best you can get is value. Try playing with the dates, preferably week days, Sunday-Thursday and at the beginning of the month if possible.

But then again it seems like everytihing is more expesive these days (sigh :-\)

Hope this helped.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

pasxalis1987

I am comparing the exact same period (December 2 weeks before Christmas) with a four night accommodation for two people, and i am also trying to benefit for the ''Early booking'' discount that provides two nights free.

...i don't get it!They are suppose to attract visitors to the parks, and during my previous visit (December 2015) products such as crisps, water, pop corn had their prices increased.

....they kept some of their major attractions closed for a year(!) and now they raise their prices?!?!?!?!

.....seriously i am considering whether to visit the parks again. I am very dissapointed from these facts.

Sugaroo_

The 1492€ quote your getting is the final price for 4 nights - 2 adults in a classic room, so that's 373€ per night not 758€. So each night is more expensive by 35.50€ compared to previous years. I do get what your saying though about the closures. The parks offers less attractions but at a higher price. If you're not dead set on staying at DLH price up some other hotels as well.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

msRavenswood

The refurbishments of all the major attractions were long overdue, there's nothing that could be done about it. They would either close them for long periods and restore them to their former glory or do some superficial work which wouldn't last long and everything would start falling apart in a short time. As fans of DLP we should appreciate the fact that our beloved attractions are getting all the attention the deserve and we should really hope they will keep this level of quality even after the 25th anniversary.

As for the rise in prices, I can't justify it but we can't know the reasons behind this decision. It's been rumoured that after November the booking system will change and that there will be changes in price structures as well, leading to more expensive packages and APs.

Sugaroo_

Agreed msRavenswood. Thankfully the parks are getting some much needed love and that alone makes it worth the wait. For some though extensive closures of their favorite rides is a negative and in their minds doesn't justify the price increase. For example I'm so hell bent on going I am willing to do so even on a budget. Whether that means staying offsite or eating at McDonald's everyday. ;D That's why I recommend that Pasxalis prices up another hotel. DLH is definately amazing but New York, Newport Bay & Sequoia are lovely as well. I also think the new rooms at the Cheyenne are fab.   

pasxalis1987

Quote from: Sugaroo_ on July 21, 2016, 03:09:26 PM
The 1492€ quote your getting is the final price for 4 nights - 2 adults in a classic room, so that's 373€ per night not 758€. So each night is more expensive by 35.50€ compared to previous years. I do get what your saying though about the closures. The parks offers less attractions but at a higher price. If you're not dead set on staying at DLH price up some other hotels as well.

Hi,thnx for your reply.
The price of 1450 that i mention above is inclusive of discount.
Without any duscounts,last year for a 1 night's accomodation the price was approximately 620 euros.
This year,again without any discount for a 1 night's accommodation the lowest price that i found was 758.

So that's an increase.

Again,for this year a 4 nights' accommodation costs 1450 with the early booking discount whereas last year costed me 1350.

......so it's an increase.

ChipandDale99

Probably inflation. They can't just freeze prices as they do still have some considerable debt.

stifle

MattR

Sorry but 750€? You can book the Mandarin Oriental in the center of Paris for less even the Le Bristol Paris only costs about 800€ per night.