What are my chances?

Started by Princesslisamay, June 28, 2016, 07:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princesslisamay

So I'm trying to book a December Christmas magic trip for 4 nights but I'm not going to have the money till next month, now when I spoke to disney to get a quote they told me there were only 2 seats left for that flight so I'm best doing it today, now is she just trying I get a sale out of me or will I still be able to book my holiday next month and still get a place? I mean surely they can't run out of places???

Lolly_Belle

Are you able to look at the airline website to see the availability for that particular flight? We fly with flybe and you are able to see online how many tickets are left at the current price. I know it might be different if it is a travel agent package as they might only be allocated a certain number of seats, but it might help you get an idea of availability
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

dlpowl

If you book it now, you only have to pay a deposit though, you don't have to pay the rest until 10 weeks before your trip, or is it the deposit money you're waiting until next month for?

Also, is flying your only option, have you considered driving or the Eurostar?  You could book that much later.

Princesslisamay

Thanks guy's, yes i have to travel by plane as i dont drive and my son has travel sickness so want the journey to be as quick as possible, yes its deposit money im waiting on but my wages are monthly and as im self employed it makes it tricky so want 70% of total cost before i buy anything

dlpowl

Aah, okay.  Well I've never flown with Disney but my initial thoughts would be that she wasn't just saying that to get a sale, I'd assume that it was true.  However, I wouldn't worry too much as you can just book your flights separately if you have to.  There's lots of airlines flying to Paris on a daily basis so I wouldn't have thought you'd have a problem.  Are you limited to a particular airport?  Because that would limit your chances whereas if you can fly from any of the London based airports then you have a much wider choice.  I'd go on the airline websites and have a look what's available for the time you want to travel.  I doubt it will be more expensive to book your flights separately.  The people I know who fly to DLP always book their flights separately because they say it works out cheaper.

stormflm595

I agree with dlpowl...you'll be able to book flights seperately if it does sell out. I booked my flights seperate to the hotel booking last year as I couldn't afford both in the same month and it worked out fine. Just don't forget to book airport transfers! You can get the official disney transfers from both paris airports and it drops you off at your hotel. It's only a 40 minute journey to max so your son should be okay as long as he takes some travel tablets an hour or so before.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort