I need some advice please? I have so many questions lol

Started by Witters87, July 02, 2016, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelvictor

Yes downloading the pictures is free/included in the price. You get them either via the website or an app, they are availabel to downlaod for up to a year after your holiday.  :D

magicmum

How exciting!! Nothing quite like your first trip to Disney!

I think your questions have been answered expertly already, lots of good tips given! I have 2 young children (they were 18 months & 8yrs last time & will be 3 & 10yrs next time!!) and it is lovely if you can treat the children.

As I think someone mentioned, I would certainly recommend getting your mickey ears & t-shirts before you go - these can be bought at places like ebay or even Primark. It'll be nice for the children to wear something with characters on - it's a talking point when they meet their favourite princess or character! I was given a princess dress for my daughter prior to our holiday & was so pleased as they were very pricey.

Snacks were also a must for us - we took a back pack with crisps, cereal bars etc. We also took concentrated cordial (those tiny squirty cartons you can now pick up)  & topped up our water for free in the park. We tended to eat at the hotel for breakfast & take croissants etc into the park for a snack lunch on the go. We had something substantial for our evening meal. 

If you have young children that are anything like mine you may want the odd sit down meal to savour the best of Disney, but quick & easy takeaway styles are great. There are tonnes of these types of places around the park, and although they are pricey they aren't dissimilar to Alton Towers or like.

If I was to choose one place to sit & eat with the kids it'd be café Mickey - the food was relatively good last time & we saw around 5 characters that visit your table, saving queuing up in the parks for hours with little ones.

Prices for all food outlets & restaurants are available on the DLP Guide website, so you'll be add to estimate costs before you go.

Make sure you pick up a park guide as you enter the parks - planning is a must especially with little ones. Look at planning meals around the parades etc (your kids will LOVE these).

Have a magical time!!!

A&S&O

Quote from: polar vixen on July 05, 2016, 04:06:00 PM
You only pay if you actually purchase pictures there,. Otherwise download when you get hiome and do what you want with them!
Does this count for ride photos too?

thanks
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

samuelvictor

Quote from: A&S&O on July 05, 2016, 11:10:06 PM
Does this count for ride photos too?
Yes. All photos taken as part of your photopass plus are downloadable for free once you get home.

Quote from the website:

"Buy your PhotoPass+ in all Photo sales points and selected shops.
Use the Disney PhotoPassTM service on the following attractions:

DISNEYLAND® PARK

Space Mountain: Mission 2, Discoveryland
    Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast®*, Discoveryland
    Big Thunder Mountain, Frontierland®
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Meet Mickey Mouse
    Princess Pavilion

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS®PARK

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith, Backlot
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™**, Production Courtyard®"

Vikkilou

Download the photo pass app match it up with the details when you buy it then as long as u have Internet you can view your photos usually within a few hours.  We added ours onto the holiday at the price of £38.  We went last year & had nearly 40 photos taken so definitely worth it for us. We found all the photographers fantastic at meet & greets they would take loads of the kids & characters then always invited us in on them to
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17