Silly newbie question about reservations and queues!

Started by Legomam, June 23, 2016, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legomam

Hello!

I've been reading with interest on how to make reservations for meals and when the best times to go are. My question is if you turn up to a restaurant with a reservation, do you walk to the top of the queue?. Is there a seperate queue for people who don't have reservations?!. I would be very embarrassed to unintentionally skip past people in a queue!!
We are on the Standard Half Board plan. Thank you for any advice.  :D

daddyof2

If you have a reservation, you walk straight up to the desk (or join the queue at the desk) and let them know, like in any restaurant. People waiting should be off to one side, and you may still have to wait at busy times even with a reservation. CM's are usually pretty good at spotting people who have just arrived if there's lots of people waiting. Reservations and dining plans don't need to go hand in hand, you can reserve without vouchers or dine with vouchers and no reservation (or any combination).

Legomam

Thanks very much for your reply, Daddyof2!
I had visions of huge snaking queues and people tut-tutting at me as I walked by. Now I just need to decide where to eat  ;D

daddyof2

Not an easy decision, most people on here have their favourites so have a good look at the menus and reviews

stifle

Yes there is usually a queue for people with reservations and people without them when you arrive. If you have your reservation ticket it helps.

Karen101

actually Stifle you might know

will I get my reservation tickets for the restaurants ive reserved from the hotel when I check in?

or will I just need the reservation numbers that I have?

NCC1701Q

Both will work, but my experience is that having the ticket makes it easier, especially when you're next to a crowded, noisy row of people without a reservation  ;)

Lolly_Belle

We've made a reservation over the phone for a restaurant during our stay next month but weren't given a reservation number? They only asked for a name - is this right??
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

Karen101

I think both is fine, I used the line and booked in French and they took the names and gave me numbers, apparently they will link it too my hotel reservation.

grovesie

Quote from: Lolly_Belle on June 28, 2016, 08:03:55 PM
We've made a reservation over the phone for a restaurant during our stay next month but weren't given a reservation number? They only asked for a name - is this right??

Yes this is right. When ever we have reserved over the phone we just gave a few details and that was it. We have never had any trouble when we then go to the restaurant.

Lolly_Belle

Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

Askew80

Hi, when we made reservations it was juat our name given.  We did have a few issues but this waymy fault.

At inventions I had accidently taken all child meal vouchers and not adult and children.  As we where staying at davey crocket it wasn't really an option to go and get them, so thought going to turn us away (this was lastsunday before Xmas fir Sunday brunch so would have missed it), but they were brill.  They just took kids vouchers

When.we did the Princess dinning we arrived 30 mins late but again accepted us no problems

Both was lucky as Park was busy and week before Xmas and would have hated ti have to go somewhere else when paid additional for premium dinning ri have the show and meals with characters

stifle

If you have made a reservation over the phone and they took your booking details they should put the reservation tickets in your pack when you check in. If you don't get them that way you can get City Hall, Studio Services, your hotel concierge, or any restaurant to print them off.

Karen101

thanks Stifle :)

yeah I did them over the phone in French and she took all our reservation details and said they would be linked in so id imagine ill get them when check on Monday :)

thanks so much!!

billy

we did all our restaurant resevations over the phone and they asked for our name. hotel and contact number.
We collected all our tickets from the concierge desk in the hotel, if i remember correctly only Cafe Mickey actually asked us for our ticket.