Help with Dining Reservations

Started by mmsd, June 01, 2016, 04:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmsd

Hi everybody,

I need to make my ADR's really soon, we are going for 4 nights in July (5th to 9th). We have half board plus. 2 adults and 2 kids aged 4 and 1.

I was thinking of eating at the following places:

Hunters Grill - can anybody tell me what time this opens at, I thought it was 6 but I think I saw on one of the restaurant menus it was 7, which would be too late for us to eat there with the kids, so we would have to consider somewhere else.

Café Mickey: Can we choose anything off of the menu under our half board plus plan, or do we have to stick to a certain menu or pay extra?

Inventions: I know this is a premium category restaurant, so we would have to pay extra for the buffet, can anybody tell me how much we will need to pay with our vouchers as I want to budget all costs.

Annettes: Am I correct in thinking that I cant make an ADR for here, we just go whenever we want and wait for a table. Also are we limited to a certain menu or can we choose anything and pay the balance. How much are our vouchers worth so I would know how much we are getting off our meal and how much extra to add?

Also say if we were hungry in the parks, and didn't want to wait til evening time and decided to get counter service, will they accept our vouchers?

At the moment I have no idea what time to book any of these restaurants for as I don't know their times, do they close between lunch and dinner? Would really appreciate any advice on this based on how busy they will be and parade times etc.

Also what time can we use our Pause Gourmand vouchers?

Thanks in advance for your help, sorry for all the questions.

Karen101

hi there :)

you are going at the same time as us :) I have just done our advanced dining reservations as well :)

With regards to Café Mickey, you cannot make the reservation until 2 days before I believe, but I cant be 100% sure as I haven't booked here. The price for the plus menu at Café Mickey is now € 45,99...Your HB plus voucher covers this. So you don't have to pay extra.1 drink is included. But when you have more drinks or wine for example, you have to pay extra for that.Just mention you have the vouchers when you enter the restaurant.

inventions is 57 euros per adult and 31 for children, so you deduct the value of your half board plus vouchers from that and you are left with what you need to pay - I think the current price of half board plus is 37 euro? but I cant be 100% on that ...

you are correct you cannot make an advance dinner reservation for Annettes.

the gourmand vouchers can be used between 3 and 6 and where they can be used will be listed on the voucher :)

the Hunters grill is open from 7pm until 10.30pm.

daddyof2

When we visited last October, we definitely could book cafe mickey in advance - I think (though might be wrong) that the 2 day rule is for breakfast. Your best value is from the set menu but you should be able to go a la carte.

Restaurants in the parks are busiest at lunch times with many only open for lunch. Cafe mickey is quieter at lunch than dinner

gingerdoo4

Hi,

We are going in June and booked our ADR in March. We managed to book Café Mickey for when we are there. We are also going to eat at Hunters Grill and have booked a time slot of 6.30pm. We got told it opened at 6.

You can't book at Anettes, you have to wait. We want to eat there, but have booked Blue Lagoon just in case it's too long a wait for the kids.

stifle

mmsd, welcome to the forum! I hope you're excited about your trip. Just a note that the term ADRs is a Walt Disney World term and may not be understood by cast members (or guests) at Disneyland Resort Paris :)

Hunters Grill opening time varies by season but I would expect it to be open by 6.

Café Mickey only offers a set menu and your vouchers entitle you to one selection per guest from each course and a soft drink.

Inventions with a Plus voucher costs approximately €22 extra per adult guest and approximately €13 extra per child guest. Drinks are on top of that.

Annette's does not take reservations and your vouchers are worth approximately €35 per adult guest and €17 per child guest there; however, they do have a specific Plus menu which your vouchers will cover in full.

Counter service restaurants will accept your vouchers but the cast members may try to discourage you from using them there as you would be throwing money away to spend a €35 adult voucher on a €15 lunch.

The majority of restaurants in the parks open all through the day. The café type restaurants such as Cable Car Bake Shop open early, and the restaurants serving full meals tend to open around 11 or 12 and stay open the rest of the day, though at off-peak times they may close down at 16:00 or 17:30 or the like. The hotel restaurants and Café Mickey do close between lunch and dinner.

mmsd

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your reply's.  Lots of great advice there.  Its great to now know how much my vouchers are worth so I can plan how much extra if we need to add anything to them.  I must go through the menu's again and narrow down the times and get them booked in.

Cant believe its only 4 weeks away  :)