I booked my trip today.

Started by SophieMiddleton, June 15, 2016, 12:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieMiddleton

Hello all  :)

I paid my deposit for Disney this morning (yay!!!) staying in the Cheyenne, and they said the rooms would be a double bed with a set of bunk beds. However, we're visiting August 2017, do you think we will actually end up with one of the new themed rooms as this is what we want? Thank you!

thekirtley

Hello! Congrats on booking your holiday to the magic!   :D The new and updated rooms at the Cheyenne no longer contain bunk beds but there is of course always the possibility that you will be staying in a new room! The refurbishments of the hotel are only listed on the DLP website to continue until September 2017 so with your trip being in August that year I would expect the job to have nearly been completed if all goes to plan.. Having said that I think the right mindset would be to go expecting to be in the standard "classic" room and if you're in a new room then you'll have an added bonus! Hope this has helped a little! :)
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

Bethdisneyfan

Hi I booked last night for July 2017 and I have booked the Texas room which is the new returned woody themed rooms so unless you have this I doubt you will automatically be put in one asked I've paid extra for it rather than the standard room

ZoeG

Wooo! How exciting! I stayed at Cheyenne last year, and have booked again this year it was so good.

Alot of reviews say its tired looking etc, but we found it absolutley magical, even in an older room. My 5 year old was entranced with the themeing of the hotel, and in honesty, my husband was too! He is a mega fan of old western movies and cowboy culture in general, and the theming is like no other in the resort.

The staff were outstanding too, and the breakfast was good enough to keep us full most of the day. The walk down to the park is not far at all and past a lovely little river, you can sometimes see the fish coming up to the surface.

They also have a small laundrette which you can purchase tokens for at the shop. Comes in handy as we seem to go through clothes so quickly haha!

Zee79

I think some of the tiredness adds to the theming, it is after all the old wild west  :) yes it needs sprucing up but some people just have to complain. I read one review about the Newport Bay that they went April this year & feel it's needs a refurb as old fashioned! Doesn't look like it has been updated since it opened- Eh? Some i don't think get the theming but It's whatever people prefer. Some want 5* luxury for 2* price. I don't really care as long as a place is clean & has all the basics & a bed I can fall asleep in  :) I love the Cheyenne, it will be my 3rd time staying this summer, enjoy the breakfast, the evening buffet, I enjoyed the Santa Fe & the Sequoia equally but for the price you pay for the sequoia the food is just the same as the lower end hotels, well that's what we thought.

samuelvictor

We stayed in the Cheyenne for the first time in January last year and didn't think it felt "tired", we loved the theming and didn't have anything obviously broken/damaged/in need of painting... that said I like the design of the new rooms too :)

SophieMiddleton

Thank you all, I've stayed before and loved it there. I just thought with the renovations, by the time we actually get there they'll be nearly completed. Which is why I wondered if we'd probably end up in one of the new rooms anyway as that is what all the rooms will look like by the time we arrive. Thank you  :D

ZoeG

I'll be there in 7 weeks, staying in a new room, I will try to write up on it and post pictures as soon as I get home!

It might be something to help the post-Disney blues. Which, Might I add, were worse than my post-honeymoon blues ;)

grawns

So excited for you. We booked the Cheyenne and are staying in March. I originally booked the older rooms but thinking of calling back and upgrading now as the reports and photos of the new rooms look so great.
Hope you have a great time! Don't forget to post back with what room type you get to keep people like me excited!!

Sugaroo_

Woohoo for booking your trip! That's all I popped in to say :P I agree with everyone else, the hotel didn't seem tired to us either, it's the Wild West after all, we didn't expect anything posh and polished. I hope you get a new room though, they look fab!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."