25th News

Started by moebius24, April 25, 2016, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 09, 2016, 08:24:43 PM
Well, according to rumour, there's one sitting in Hong Kong that's not being used now that they have Paint the Night. Why not dust it off and ship it on over?

It's a long shot but someone should tweet Catherine Powell (CEO, Think that's her name), she seems to listen to fans and may not be aware of this, super long shot but it couldn't hurt. Imagine getting a nighttime parade and a new daytime one!

tigger1974

I've said it before on other threads on this forum that I would love to see the MSEP back at DLP in all its glory. Dreams is brilliant there is no doubt about that but for those sentimentalists amongst us it would be great to see an old and much missed friend back even if only for a short time.
BRING BACK THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!!!!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on May 10, 2016, 12:49:30 AM
Quote from: Rocketeer on May 09, 2016, 08:24:43 PM
Well, according to rumour, there's one sitting in Hong Kong that's not being used now that they have Paint the Night. Why not dust it off and ship it on over?

It's a long shot but someone should tweet Catherine Powell (CEO, Think that's her name), she seems to listen to fans and may not be aware of this, super long shot but it couldn't hurt. Imagine getting a nighttime parade and a new daytime one!
I'll tweet her too then.

Rocketeer

How long did it run for at DLP? Did they have it in '92? If so the 25th is the perfect excuse to bring it back.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, its original run was April 12, 1992 - March 23, 2003. So there you have it - one of the original parades from opening day.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 10, 2016, 08:22:35 PM
How long did it run for at DLP? Did they have it in '92? If so the 25th is the perfect excuse to bring it back.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, its original run was April 12, 1992 - March 23, 2003. So there you have it - one of the original parades from opening day.

I mean I'd rather not, we need to move past all that, I think in some ways Disney is held back too much by tradition. Look at Shanghai Disneyland, they decided to throw some of the old stuff out the window and the old Disney tropes, look at what they are getting, Look at their pirates ride and compare it to ours, look at TRON in comparison to Space Mountain. Slightly off topic but I'm not saying get rid of ours, but more they need major overhauls. Seriously watch this, absolutely incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6zXhoJe4iM

But to steer it back on topic that applies for parades as well,look at the amazing things they've done in Asia and even with Paint the Night in California, whereas WDW is still stuck with the tradition of using the extremely old and outdated MSEP, I wouldn't nessecerily be against a REVAMP of the MSEP, so keeping the theme and general idea (as well as the music) but new floats, effects and characters. But I'd prefer a new parade or something more modern from the other parks.

Rocketeer

On the SDL Pirates, sure its good, but I prefer the original one. Paris' version is regarded as one of the better ones anyway. Plus the new Pirates is an attraction based on a movie which is based on an attraction - and it feels like it. A PotC for the video-game generation.

However, I do see your point when it comes to the MSEP. It probably would look very dated to our modern tastes now. As you said they could revamp it - so, if money was no object, why not do what Tokyo did and 'plus' the parade? Dreamlights features the classic floats, mixed with newer ones that feature more recent characters. It's a win-win.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Zee79

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on May 11, 2016, 04:46:38 PM

I mean I'd rather not, we need to move past all that, I think in some ways Disney is held back too much by tradition. Look at Shanghai Disneyland, they decided to throw some of the old stuff out the window and the old Disney tropes, look at what they are getting, Look at their pirates ride and compare it to ours, look at TRON in comparison to Space Mountain. Slightly off topic but I'm not saying get rid of ours, but more they need major overhauls. Seriously watch this, absolutely incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6zXhoJe4iM

But to steer it back on topic that applies for parades as well,look at the amazing things they've done in Asia and even with Paint the Night in California, whereas WDW is still stuck with the tradition of using the extremely old and outdated MSEP, I wouldn't nessecerily be against a REVAMP of the MSEP, so keeping the theme and general idea (as well as the music) but new floats, effects and characters. But I'd prefer a new parade or something more modern from the other parks.

That rides looks amazing with the set design & features, however it didn't feel like a POTC ride at all. DLP needs updating but still prefer it. DLP just needs some new rides/attractions.

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on May 11, 2016, 04:46:38 PM

Agree totally , dlrp is way outdated and although there are sentimental types out there the general population want new , bigger and better ..
The younger generation don't care about an original potc or its background .
Sure the vast majority of people who ride it wouldn't have a clue as to the difference between dlrp or wdw potc attractions regarding originality or have or not having jack sparrow etc .
Other parks around the globe are moving with the times , not just disney and if paris wants to compete , well they will have to join the rest and upgrade .
That Shanghai potc ride looks incredible btw . WOW !!

dazzle_v2003

I am fairly confident DLP have a fantastic 25th Celebration planned to celebrate the resort. As we know there will be a brand new parade as the imagineers designing the floats have told us.

I'm excited to see the new floats and I wonder what characters will be involved. I also suspect we will have a brand new Anniversary song so it will be farewell Magic Everywhere which will be such a shame but DLP know how to create a great song.

Unfortunately as we know DLP can't afford to make 2 new parades so I suspect we won't have a new nighttime parade this time but maybe for the 30th anniversary. I suspect a refresh Dreams will appear. ( I wouldn't like to choose which films to change because it's practically still perfect today).

I also reckon the train will be back in a refreshed state as it's DLP tradition to have a character train and it's still popular to this day after it's use in Swing into Spring.

I can't wait to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Chip, Dale and Clarice's anniversary outfits for the occasion!

Roll on April 2017!

rebecca20

I can honestly appreciate how expensive a new parade is, but, to everyday people (not us crazy dlp fans) one parade doesn't look that special for the 25th... (people won't release theres refurbed rides)

I hope they include more rare and different characters for meet and greets - not Marie again please DLP. Thrown in with decent decor throughout the resort (not just main street and MK) and something parade / show esque on an evening (not saying new just saying like the summer, spring, halloween parade to keep the seasonal effects better).

I would never personally visit Disney out of a themed season as there is so much more to offer, parade and show wise so I really hope I don't have to miss the 25th year for lack of things to do.

Plus when you think about it the new parade is going to be around for years to come so they must have more planned that just a parade and refurbed rides... right???
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Rocketeer

Quote from: rebecca20 on June 05, 2016, 06:46:49 PM
Plus when you think about it the new parade is going to be around for years to come so they must have more planned that just a parade and refurbed rides... right???
Well I'd love to say yes, but at the moment it appears that that's it is going to be for the 25th. They're certainly not going to add any new attractions - construction needs to be well under way for that.

At the most all we can hope for is that they actually announce that there will be new attractions for both parks in the future. A sort of 'birthday present' of sorts - just more like a gift card to be redeemed later, rather than a shiny new attraction we can ride.

rebecca20

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 05, 2016, 07:24:21 PM
Well I'd love to say yes, but at the moment it appears that that's it is going to be for the 25th. They're certainly not going to add any new attractions - construction needs to be well under way for that.

At the most all we can hope for is that they actually announce that there will be new attractions for both parks in the future. A sort of 'birthday present' of sorts - just more like a gift card to be redeemed later, rather than a shiny new attraction we can ride.

One thing that would realllllllllly please me would be to add loads of scheduled characters in - cheap and keeps people happy! They literally can just use costumes they have but up the number and rarity so it feels more special. I'm so gutted it's just the parade. Think 2017 and 2018 are going to be miss years for me. With the price increase it's not viable to do mini breaks anymore I would rather save for other parks and go once every 5 years as that is seemingly the only time anything changes  :(
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

polar vixen

I for onE would love a tinkerbell our fairies meet n greet.  maybe somewhere around adventure isle at tge bottom of tge Swiss family tree thirty could make a little pixie hollow.  don't think that would cost to much to add. b

MickeyAteMyCap

I can honestly appreciate how expensive a new parade is, but, to everyday people (not us crazy dlp fans) one parade doesn't look that special for the 25th... (people won't release theres refurbed rides)

Exactly. Maybe there's a chance they might just be able to get a Toy story Midway Mania attraction built in time for next year too.

Rocketeer

I'm sorry to say that I don't think Midway Mania will arrive in time for the actual 25th.

It took 16 months for the construction of the DHS version, with another two months for DCA. Which means if they break ground now, it'll be November '17 or January '18 before the doors open. Granted it's still the 25th year, and no doubt they'll do the old 18-month celebration trick.