Buffets :)

Started by Ohana, April 16, 2016, 12:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

This is probably the billionth post about buffets but oh well!

I'm just wondering which buffets people like best? We did Inventions last year which was lovely but for the price I paid, I didn't eat much food, a. because I was too busy fussing over the characters and b. because I just thought it was too rich, I'm 25 going on 5, and am one of the fussiest eaters ever. I basically just filled up on tuna stuffed peppers, hash browns and cake.

So this year we want another buffet meal and are torn between a few currently:

- Santa Fe as it's our hotel's buffet, and we fancy trying the food there.
- Cheyenne, as it's cheap like SF, and it would be nice to explore a different hotel.
- Plaza Gardens, the food just seems nice and simple, up my street!

What kind of food do these places offer, and importantly, do they do good cakes at the dessert buffet? Thanks in advance! :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

bad-pink-tink

I would go to Restaurant Des Stars in the Studios  instead of Plaza Gradens. I went there around 3pm and the place was really quiet. I find Plaza Gardens just a bit rushed and busy. The food in Restaurant Des Stars is similar to Plaza Gardens but a much nicer experience.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

glenn

I am not a lover of buffet restaurants,if I,m paying 35 euros or more I want to look at a menu and decide what I want to eat not pay in advance and eat what Disney want me to eat.
I did have two buffet meals when I went in 2012 ,one in plaza garden and the other in SL,both times I asked if I could go in and view the food beforehand,,both restaurant Cms allowed me to do this.
Perhaps you can do the same,it,s a lot of money to pay if you don,t like the food.

stifle

Another vote for Restaurant des Stars as less frenetic than Plaza Gardens. Whilst you don't get free drink refills at RdS, my experience at PG has been that you really need to flag down a CM to refill for you there and they are not at all proactive.

fairymom

Quote from: glenn on April 16, 2016, 01:33:30 PM
I am not a lover of buffet restaurants,if I,m paying 35 euros or more I want to look at a menu and decide what I want to eat not pay in advance and eat what Disney want me to eat.

This doesn't make sense though. In any restaurant you can only choose from the menu. In a buffet restaurant it's like the whole menu is out so you can have anything off it you want. Imo buffets offer MORE choice than ordering off a menu??

I am interested in the replies, we have booked Inventions so far for our holiday in 2 weeks (meep!!) and thinking of trying Plaza Gardens, Restaurant des Stars and Cafe Agrabah. Actually I know we will go to Cafe Agrabah, I only haven't booked it because I'm struggling to know in advance what time we will want to eat at!

amywayne2701

I love plaza gardens we go several times everytime we go to Disneyland Paris. X

lovindisney87

We ate in the Cheyenne hotel buffet in January when we went for the first time and will definitely eat here again. I asked to see what they had first and it was no problem I went in and was able to see if there was stuff my dh, children and I would eat. Fantastic selection of food and puddings and definitely something for  everyone. Only other buffet I have done I buzz pizza planet and I definitely rate there as well but mainly as it was perfect for kids 😁 x
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come