HolidayTaxis transfer time

Started by Poohbearfan, April 04, 2016, 09:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poohbearfan

Hello,
I have booked a return private transfer with Holiday Taxis from CDG to HNY. On the way back I put in our flight time of 1000 and they have said pick up at 0600. This seems quite a bit early. Does it really take that long at the time of day? I am thinking of changing it to 0700.
Thanks

Sly_Racoon

Weekday or weekend? If it is a weekday then I would say the taxi company is correct, traffic can be horrendous, at 6am the journey time should be about 40 minutes which will mean you are there early with plenty of time, but at 7am its going to be 1 hour+ due to the traffic, and if traffic is really bad you'll risk missing your flight...

It once took us 2 hours on a particularly bad day, I think there was a couple of accidents.

billy

we left Disney on a saturday afternoon and it only took us 30 mins. we got to the airport mega early as there is no queuing for the check in desks as they have machines for you to print off your boarding passes and then you scan your suitcase to match your boarding pass. was really quick. so we ended up hanging around the aiport for an extra hour and there isnt a lot to do!! but you need to check out rush hour times we left at 6pm.

Poohbearfan

Thanks. I knew we should have booked the later flight!
It is a Monday.
Best to be at the airport and kicking our heels than stuck with new flights to pay for.