Planning first visit-help. Family of 5

Started by Cork girl, April 02, 2016, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen101

They do family rooms which are not compass club did you ask them about those ? What time of the year are you going ?

Cork girl

We are going to go early Dec. I'm getting two rooms in Santa Fe/Cheyenne for €950 and one family room in Newport bay is €1220.

Sulley15

Quote from: Cork girl on April 03, 2016, 11:42:22 AM
Sulley15, just for information purposes, can I ask were there five of you in that room? Was it ok or did you find yourself having to go to bed at same time as kids....this is what I picture when I see us all in the one room! We have stayed together in family rooms in Ireland and some have separate sitting area but some have three doubles all lined up together!

Our first trip we were in New York, it was lovely there was 5 in the room but one was in a cot. That was crazy looking back as he was going bed 2/3 later then back home. When we went last year I spotted an offer on the British site and the let me have it.

We found ourselves knackered so welcomed going bed early but it was difficult with the different ages. They do crash out which we could watch films on the iPads etc, annoying when someone goes to the toilet tho and lights the whole room up. Can also be the alarm clock as if someone's awake they tend to make everyone wake up so that they start the day again.

Cheyenne we had adjoining rooms but my missus wanted the door opened to hear the little one and worried that they get out of bed and leave the room. kids like going on an adventure, so will be interesting to see what they are like when we stay in the compass room. Family room was 1036 and compass room was 1366, but it goes on supply and demand. We are going for 4nights and 5 days...
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

Cork girl

Oh I feel like such a flake....it had decided to go ahead with the two rooms based on all yours experiences and now I've gone and priced for AP and separate hotel and it's cheaper! Now we'd have to stay at Adagio but it's actually cheaper! I don't know,my head is wrecked.

Zee79

Its entirely your choice. We have stayed off site & bought annual passes & we got to stay for 10 days! We saved a lot of money using the cards in shops & restaurants, some say the discount is not worth it but when you add it up over the holiday it saves you a fair bit. We then used the passes to get 35% off our next onsite stay so got to go in a better hotel than the hitel we normally stay in.  We would definitely do it again but at the moment we can't due to my father's mobility issues.
The only downside we found it leaving the park on a night to travel back, it didn't have the Disney magic but it didn't spoil the experience.

Cork girl

Thanks for the reply Zee79! I need to stop myself for now. This is our first visit so I need to just book it and enjoy and next time we will look at the long term pass. I need to stop googling now cause I've a pain in my brain!