Photo pass question

Started by simbamad, March 29, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simbamad

I know they have photo pass in the parks but my question is are there as many photographers around as there is at Walt Disney World ? also is the character meet and greets organised or is it at free for all with no queuing ?

NCC1701Q

I'm not sure if there are as many as in WDW but the ones that have an official photographer (and I guess that's about 3 in the Studios and about 5 or 6 in the Disneyland Park) also have organised queues.
Then you also have the characters with just the CM and those sometimes haves ropes for queuing and sometimes are more free for all.

DLPWonders (Banned)

There are no roaming photographers that take photos in front of the castle etc.
Officially the photopass only works at the rides that offer on-ride photos, as well as Meet Mickey, Princess Pavillion and Spiderman.
There are photopass photographers at other locations too, however this is not necessarily always the case. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.
If there is a photopass photographer at a certain character meet 'n greet (this is ALWAYS only at the scheduled meets and NEVER at the random unscheduled meets) then of course you can use your photopass there.

The character meet 'n greets are of course free for everyone to join, but there is definitely queueing involved.
It really depends on crowd levels at the park and on the character how long that queue is.
Some characters aren't that popular and don't have long queues, some characters have an hour long queue if not more.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 29, 2016, 11:52:24 AM
Officially the photopass only works at the rides that offer on-ride photos, as well as Meet Mickey, Princess Pavillion and Spiderman.
There are photopass photographers at other locations too, however this is not necessarily always the case. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.
If there is a photopass photographer at a certain character meet 'n greet (this is ALWAYS only at the scheduled meets and NEVER at the random unscheduled meets) then of course you can use your photopass there.

The character meet 'n greets are of course free for everyone to join, but there is definitely queueing involved.
It really depends on crowd levels at the park and on the character how long that queue is.
Some characters aren't that popular and don't have long queues, some characters have an hour long queue if not more.
An hour queuing is ridiculous. I never had to wait that long when I went to DLP in 2007.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 29, 2016, 12:50:11 PM
An hour queuing is ridiculous. I never had to wait that long when I went to DLP in 2007.

Yeah well, thats almost 10 years ago. Things change ;)
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

NHDisneylover

Times change--we just spent a week at DLP and with two exceptions (an unscheduled appearance by Abu, who had just walked out, and Mickey in his Pavillion which was labeled as a 50 minute wait but really only took 15), we never saw a character greet queue of less than 30 minutes and most were an hour or more---lines often formed long before the characters arrived and were closed off an hour or more before the official close time to allow them to dwindle and end near the official time.  It is nuts--I cannot believe how many people wait so long, often with tiny kids, for a photo op (that said, we waited about an hour for Thumper and Ms Bunny, but we were two adults with a whole week in the parks) 

stifle

Yep, it's completely variable from day to day. I've waited anything from 2 minutes up to 90 minutes for characters. It just depends.

rebecca20

I don't think the closures help. I'm not a big character lover but even I met some that I wasn't fussed about because I had so much spare time. I also went into Paris and Val D'Europe just to pass time!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

nathalie

Waiting in line for a character back in 2007, is definatly not the same anymore in these days.
How I miss those old days ... lol