Security at the moment

Started by jayney69, March 22, 2016, 09:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHDisneylover

We ahve been here since Sunday:  generally what NCC1701Q (no bloody A, B, C, or D????) said is correct.

We did notice, and comment to ourselves today, that there is more uniformed security personnel out and about today and that there were several with dogs both in the parks (we saw one in each park) and in the "between" area (saw 2 in the area between parks and top of Disney Village).  We are staying onsite and walking so do not know how much might have been added near the RER station.

It really is not slowing anythign down--but I do get the impression they are keeping a close eye out -- especially with all the dogs.

Sugaroo_

Hello all. I'm bringing this topic back up as I am just sick with all that is going on at the moment. First the bombing in Ataturk Airport and now the attack in Nice. What is the world coming to? I had heard that France was preparing to lower its security risk status, but after the Nice attack it's a no go. For all that have been to the parks recently, are the security measures still tight with the metal detectors, dogs and what not?
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

MattR

We also had an axe attack in Germany today with some 17 year old trying to kill people in a train.

I think they risk of an attack in France (and Belgium) is defintley much higher than in every other european country but I donĀ“t think this will change if you wait a year or two.

The safest Disneylands can probably be found in Asia at the moment.

msRavenswood

Security is very tight at DLP and they are actually hiring more security staff at the moment.

daddyof2

As there was a shooting within an hours drive from my house today, I still believe DLP is as safe as anywhere

Sugaroo_

I too feel Disneyland is safe. As it is an organised area with security I find it less risky than any other public area where anything & everything can happen. But on this trip it won't be just the 2 of us. We will be travelling with our daughter for the first time which makes me more concerned. The security measures described in the previous responses sound very thorough, I hope they're still in place!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

stormflm595

Quote from: Sugaroo_ on July 20, 2016, 12:32:32 PM
I too feel Disneyland is safe. As it is an organised area with security I find it less risky than any other public area where anything & everything can happen. But on this trip it won't be just the 2 of us. We will be travelling with our daughter for the first time which makes me more concerned. The security measures described in the previous responses sound very thorough, I hope they're still in place!

I reckon they will be, perhaps even more thorough after the Bastille Day attack :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

loupenny

I'm so glad to have read this thread, we've been planning on getting APs for the 25th and already have a hotel booked for feb. 2017 with the aim to do many more trips.

However now I just don't know, with Nice this week and that family getting stabbed in France yesterday I feel like France is not somewhere that I want to be! We've already had a chat about putting the money into the WDW pot and bringing that forward. I know that Orlando and America has certainly had it's problems but France just seems to be going through Hell and with French officials saying that we'll just have to get used to terror attacks in France for a while... who knows?!

Part of me wants to go **** 'em, they don't scare me etc. but if I'm honest I feel like Disney is a shining beacon of Western ideals and consumerism. I really just don't know what to do  :(
In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017

Sugaroo_

Quote from: loupenny on July 20, 2016, 07:01:27 PM
Part of me wants to go **** 'em, they don't scare me etc. but if I'm honest I feel like Disney is a shining beacon of Western ideals and consumerism. I really just don't know what to do  :(

I agree. After 9/11 I expected terrorist attacks to be very elaborate and targeted towards locations that represented consumerism, democracy, freedom etc. Now the attacks are not at all elaborate and the locations seem completely random. Night clubs, concert halls, airports, public streets...they symbolise nothing. I feel they are simply targeting large crowds for maximum damage & panic. That's what worries me about DLP, the sheer volume of people there. Not the actual parks, but the public areas outside the parks (RER, Disney Village, the hotels). But as I said before the resort is a controlled area with many check points and I would like to think difficult to infiltrate unnoticed. In my heart of hearts I feel it's safe. But you worry none the less, especially for your children.