Room safety

Started by amee, March 13, 2016, 12:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amee

Having discussed. this with my wife regarding our trip in 3 weeks we were wondering how people feel about using room safety deposit boxes to store cash tablets cameras e.t.c. and do you guys think its easier to use a card the whole time or take out cash ??

CitrusZing

I use the room safe in a hotel room if there is one.

We take a mixture of cash, pre-loaded currency card and I usually have my debit card with me as I don't get charged much for using it abroad.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

bad-pink-tink

ALWAYS use a room safe if one is provided. You may not be covered on your travel insurance if money or other valuables are stolen from your room and you have not used the room safe, I know it is a clause on my travel insurance. Also be smart, yes its Disney but dont think that the Disney bubble protects you. As well as using the room safe, I always lock my suitcase when I leave the room
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

amee

Thanks for the replies i have taken the insurance that disney offer when booking i must look into what is actually covered, also i have a friend who works in airport security and a little known fact about suitcase locks is that any zip can be opened with a ballpoint pen check it out on youtube unbelieveable

littlebitofpixiedust

We've visited to DLP more than 20 times over the years, we've only ever took cash. We use the safety boxes in the room (in on-site hotels, not stayed in any others so can't say if all have them) and we usually take a certain amount oth is per day and leave the iPad passports and remaining cash in he safe.

amanda08

We always use the room safe for passports and paper work etc, but if we have ipads and laptops with us etc, we always use the safes behind reception as these are super safe. It's rare but you do occasionally here of things going missing from the room safes so if you have real valuables, no harm in taking them to reception and it only takes a minute to put them in and take them out each day

Lavi

When travelling in Europe we prefer to pay by card in shops if possible and use cash for table service meals as it's easier to round up the bill.
In Disneyland we also payed by card the buffet and counter service meals. We payed by cash small items like popcorn and such.

stifle

Quote from: Lavi on March 13, 2016, 07:57:38 PM
When travelling in Europe we prefer to pay by card in shops if possible and use cash for table service meals as it's easier to round up the bill.
In Disneyland we also payed by card the buffet and counter service meals. We payed by cash small items like popcorn and such.
Don't forget that under French law a 15% service charge is included in the menu price at all restaurants.

billy

we used the safe in the room and put most things on our credit card. my husband did carry a bit of change for buying a snack if the girls needed it but just about everything went on the credit card. its easier to keep track of it that way i find.

stifle

For extra convenience you can register your credit card at your hotel reception and bill your purchases to your room using your hotel Easypass.