Sprinkle Pixie Dust Along The Way

Started by bad-pink-tink, February 28, 2016, 09:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

Just back from DLP and I thought I'd share some little things I did to make other people smile

1. I bought a Balloon on my first night in the park, kept it in my room during my stay. On check out day, as I went back to my room after breakfast, I met a UK family staying on the same floor as me. I spoke to the mother and said I had a balloon in my room but I was checking out and couldn't bring it with me, would she like it for her little girl? She was most surprised and delighted, so as we were passing my room, she waited and I gave her the balloon.

2. While waiting for rope drop at Pirates on my second morning, a French family beside me, obviously first timers were studying the map, trying to figure it out. The mom spoke a little English , so between my basic French and her basic English, I was able to explain to them about Adventure Isle being closed and about the walkway over to Adventure land

3. During my visit I kept an ear out for English speakers and when I saw obvious first timers, looking lost and trying to figure out the map, I said hello, are you lost and gave them some directions

4. On my last day I had planned to eat in Planet Hollywood but in the morning I decided I didn't want to leave the park to eat. I had printed out a discount voucher from on-line and had it in my bag. While in the queue for Autopia, I heard an Irish family behind me, so I turned around, said hello and gave them the Planet Hollywood voucher.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

msRavenswood

That's the spirit, well done! It's us guests too who should bring magic to the parks!  :D

grovesie

On our last trip, December, we were given free VIP fast passes. As we were staying at the DLH we also had the 1 FP per person per day. There were 7 of us in our party so really had 7  per day. On our first afternoon we met up with  English couple with children, we gave our FP's to them. We did the same with our VIP FP on our last day.

15stitch

This is lovely  :)

I travel with just my son who was 2 last year.  I was so grateful to ALL the people on our Eurostar carriage who helped me with my bags, tired son and pushchair both getting on at Disney and getting off at Ashford.  And the lovely family who watched him while I went and got my car parking ticket. 

Its those little touches of kindness from others that can really make a holiday.

I'm planning on spreading as much pixie dust as possible when I go in May.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

seraphelle

Awww Tink you're so lovely  ;D Did you have a fab time? xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

bad-pink-tink

thanks everyone and yes I had a great time, I will be writing up a trip report soon.

Sometimes people just focus on the negatives, especially now at DLP with all the closures and refurbs, Families get stressed, kids get over tired. I just think sometimes the most random simple things can make peoples day. I have been doing the same the last few years when I go to Disneyland California
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

haribosmum

I found myself having a lot more conversations with other families this trip. Started on the euro star when another mum asked if we'd been before and what was best to do got her daughter's. Then a chat with another mum and daughter in inventions when we ask moved to watch the fireworks from an empty table. Queuing for ratatouille fast pass line talked to another family who were then joined in the same car on the ride. Oh and a family sat on next table in reason r first cafe chatted for ages, just lots of friendly people on our trip :)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

McSuze

I love this  :D

I'll talk to anyone (drives DH mad!) but lots of people go without planning & stand around looking lost, often if you give them a smile they feel confident to ask for help, or are so grateful if you offer!

A little bit of kindness goes a long way  :)
:-)

MissyM

This is all lovely. It's really nice to be nice. When we were there in July they were refurbishing the sword in the stone and the sword was missing. We seized the photo opportunity and bought a plastic sword from the gift shop and posed for some pictures pretending we'd pulled it out. When we'd finished we passed it on to another family with a little boy. They were thrilled :)

bopcc

We were there a couple of weeks ago and the kids got 2 balloons on the first day. We brought them to the parks and on the last day as we were leaving we gave them to another boy and girl heading for the park gates.
They seemed to appreciate it and our kids liked that the balloons passed on as we had to leave them behind regardless

Rolo

We had 12 pause gourmand coupons left on our last day and we gave them to a family of 11.
They were very surprised and happy with it.
Felt good to see them happy  ;D