Booking reservations in advance

Started by simbamad, February 26, 2016, 04:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simbamad

Just wondering weather you have to make reservations in advance to eat at the food places within the parks or in the disney village area ?

haribosmum

You don't have to but it is often recommended.  Especially for character meals (Inventions, Café Mickey, Auberge de Cendrillon).  You can get counter service meals and there may be some availability for table/buffet that can be booked on the day via City Hall or concierge in a disney hotel.  If not a busy time of year you can sometimes just turn up too.

The only places I can think of that don't take reservations are Annettes (which you can use half board meal vouchers for if you have the plan), Rainforest Café & Planet Hollywood (which don't take vouchers).

Reservations are 60days before and via a telephone number.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

stifle

If you want to eat at a specific restaurant, book it.

If you want to eat at a specific time without a potential wait, book it.

If you want to be spontaneous, expect to eat counter service, or want Café des Cascadeurs or Annette's, booking is not necessary or useful.

Even in the quietest season I've been turned away from table service restaurants and told it's full for the rest of the day.

NCC1701Q

I guess it all comes down to when you go. We were in the park last week and decided on Monday we wanted to have dinner at Plaza Gardens. We went to guest relations at the Studios asking for a 6pm reservation and were surprised to find that was the only time left available :)

simbamad

Quote from: NCC1701Q on February 26, 2016, 06:56:50 PM
I guess it all comes down to when you go. We were in the park last week and decided on Monday we wanted to have dinner at Plaza Gardens. We went to guest relations at the Studios asking for a 6pm reservation and were surprised to find that was the only time left available :)

We go on the 4th April and I have no idea how busy the parks will be

rebecca20

I must say I have never booked and have always eaten where I want and roughly the time I want. We tend to book on the morning at concierge rather than weeks in advance. I never know until I'm at Disney what I'll be doing on which day so this has always worked fine for me.

I must add I have never been in a big group, usually just two people and this may be why it's be fine for me to wait til the day.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.