Disney Hotels and Tickets Vs Outside Hotels without tickets

Started by extremusPT, February 24, 2016, 10:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremusPT

Hello magic people!
I´m going on the 1st of March but arrive on the 29th. I´m checking some hotels near disneyland and i have reserved one near the mall.
The big question is, isn´t it cheaper if you make the reservation on disney hotels because it includes the tickets, rather than make the reservation on outside hotels and having to pay 80€ a day per person for the parks? If you´re a group of 6 (like we are) that would be a significant amount of money to spend in tickets! Right?

This question came up because i see the comments on tripadvisor that lots of people are using nearby hotels.

Thanks

Zee79

I think it depends on what your budget is, how long you are going for & are you likely to return. We have stayed both onsite & off site. We rented an apartment for 10days which was a lot cheaper then bought an annual pass rather than paying day by day. We got discount in shopsby and eating places which saved us a fair bit by then end of the holiday then booked up for a stay onsite 8months later in a dearer hotel to what we normally stay in & got 35% off the price. We usually stay onsite because of the ease of returning to the hotel & staying in the magic but it does cost more unless get a deal.
If you are family, preferably with the same surname then you get discount on annual passes with being more than 5 people buying them. We needed 9 passes when we went & even though 4 of us had a different surname  we got the discount, we explained that I had different name through marriage & they were fine.

extremusPT

well, we´re checking in on Davy crockett ranch. We´ll pay about 900€ for 4 days. Including the tickets. I´ll have to check the anual pass.

still, on the night  of 29 to 1 we´re staying near the mall. hope to check in on DCR in the middle of the night so we won´t loose any time checking in in the morning.

how is the entrance of the parking lot in the morning ? Busy?

stifle

Annual passports cost between €95 and €223 depending on what grade of passport you want and whether you have any discount entitlements. The main ones being large family, student, and sponsorship by an existing annual passport holder.

A&S&O

We stay offsite for 10 days at the end of August. The following year we will stay for 10 days at the beginning of August. We buy annual passes which are valid for both holdays - we get two summer hildays out of one annual pass.
We stay for 10 days because the Adagio has a price break at 10 days or more, bringing the price to around £60 per night for a 1 bedroom apartment.

For the last couple of Decembers we have also stayed for 4 nights at the Cheyenne. M in Law pays for the room (single occupancy, pay two nights, get two nights free) and we (passholders) stay for just the tourist tax.

Plus, weve had a couple of MayDay weekends staying offsite, spending two days in the Parks.

We also sponsored people's APs, so all got a 12 month extension on our APs.

3x 10 days, 2x4 days, 2x2 days - 42 days for a £120 AP.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?